Delgado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delgado

Can't say that I'm a big fan of interleague play but I will admit that I'm excited about Carlos coming back to the Dome (although I'd rather that the trip was for the World Series between the Jays & Mets!). I wasn't a member of this board when he left, but looking back on old threads I can't find any Carlos bashing so I thought I'd start a positive thread where we could share our favorite games/memories from the big guy.

Mine's easy:

August 6, 1999 on the road vs. Texas. I had the game on while making dinner/doing some errands but I wasn't fully watching it. However every time I sat down to watch for a while, Carlos hit a home run! He went 3 for 4 with 3 HRs - something he did almost one year earlier to the day in the exact same ballpark (August 4, 1998 on the road vs. Texas, 3 for 5 with 3 HR's). I'm sure he wishes Texas would jump to the NL so that he could hit at the Ballpark in Arlington once again.

Hope the fans give him the ovation he deserves tonight.

Canadian fans have such class!! Did he ever get a classy ovation when he came to the plate the first time tonight.

Comment

It was very nice to see Carlos get the ovation he deserved from the Jays fans. Carlos gave many good years to the Jays organization and for me to pick one a particular moment is like picking between a favourite Christmas.
      Like Maple Syrup, Canada's evil oozes over the United States.

Comment

im glad to see they gave carlos what he deserved. he left sort of on a bad note with his contract dispute but he definatly deserved that ovation for putting up with losing for so long and he is definatly one of the greatest jays ever to wear the blue.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X