Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richmond Hill Phoenix
    replied
    Josh Towers' ERA is 9.11 through 54.1 innings. He has had 12 starts and is now on his second stint in the minors. He is 1-9.

PS Nolan Ryan's career ERA was 3.19.

Leave a comment:

• baseball=my life
    replied
    what was Nolan Ryan's era. Im jus curious.

Leave a comment:

• JohnGelnarFan
    replied
    Elarton

How did he keep getting thrown out there? The rest of the staff must have been brutal!! You guys have come up with some great examples.
    Camilo Pascual had a few yeras like this before he became a very good pitcher.

1955 43 games,129 Innings 2-12 6.14 E.R.A.
    1956 39 games,188.2 Innings 6-18 5.87 E.R.A.
    These are almost good compared to some above!

Originally posted by flash143817
    Scott Elarton, in 2001, posted an ERA of 7.06 in 132 2/3 IP. He also managed to allow 34 HR's that year in only 132 innings!

Leave a comment:

• redbuck
    replied
    Eric Milton had the 5th lowest ERA ever for a pitcher who started at least 34 games last year.

This topic was in Baseball Digest a few months ago.

Leave a comment:

• flash143817
    replied
    Scott Elarton, in 2001, posted an ERA of 7.06 in 132 2/3 IP. He also managed to allow 34 HR's that year in only 132 innings!

Leave a comment:

• RedSoxVT92
    replied
    A more recent player to come to mind with a high ERA is Hideo Nomo. In 2004 his ERA was 8.24 in 84.0 innings. In 2005 he had a 7.24 ERA in 100.7 innings. Another player from Tampa Bay, Dewon Brazelton had a 7.61 ERA in 71.0 innings last year. Ouch, that hurts for the D-rays.

Leave a comment:

• JohnGelnarFan
    replied
    Quite a List. I looked them up. You're right! I didn't know that Ross Grimsley's father played in the majors. One that might be left off is my all-time favorite player,Del Unser. His one year(72') in Cleveland wasn't......very good.They shipped him out in a hurry. He was better than these guys though! I do have a soft spot for Gustavo Gil though because he was a Pilot!

Originally posted by RuthMayBond
    I made up my own list, and some of them are short-timers. I hope you can stomach this
    P-Jose Roman
    P-Jeff Mutis
    P-Denis Boucher
    P-Ross Grimsley
    C-Scooter Tucker
    1B-Bill Schwartz
    2B-Gus Gil
    3B-Kurt Bevacqua
    SS-Houston Jimenez
    OF-Larry Littleton
    OF-Otto Velez
    OF-Arthur Hauger

Leave a comment:

• KCGHOST
    replied
    In the modern era some of the single season bad boys by range were:

100 - 199 IP's Leo Sweetland 7.71
    200 - 299 IP's Pedro Astacio 6.23
    300 - 399 IP's Snake Wiltse 5.13
    400+ IP's Joe Mc Ginnity 2.43

Leave a comment:

• RuthMayBond
    replied
    Originally posted by JohnGelnarFan
    That's a great thing to share with fans.Do you remember any of the other names(Stiffs)?
    I made up my own list, and some of them are short-timers. I hope you can stomach this
    P-Jose Roman
    P-Jeff Mutis
    P-Denis Boucher
    P-Ross Grimsley
    C-Scooter Tucker
    1B-Bill Schwartz
    2B-Gus Gil
    3B-Kurt Bevacqua
    SS-Houston Jimenez
    OF-Larry Littleton
    OF-Otto Velez
    OF-Arthur Hauger

Leave a comment:

• JohnGelnarFan
    replied
    Shofner

That's a great thing to share with fans.Do you remember any of the other names(Stiffs)?

Leave a comment:

• RuthMayBond
    replied
    Mine were regulars in the rotation and pitched at least 190 innings but that's bad for anyone that gets into a number of games.I looked him up and he actually had back to back years over 7.20! The first,In 1930,he was 3-4 with a 7.97 In 24 games and 10 starts,he pitched 84.2 Innings.His numbers were awful! In 1931,he was 2-3 with a7.24. He pitched in 12 games,4 starts and 41 Innings. He was Ok for a few years after that. Amazing that he got another shot. How do you know about this Guy??!!
    They used to have a thing on the radio every once in a while about worst Indian stiffs, so I started researching

Leave a comment:

• JohnGelnarFan
    replied
    High E.R.A.s

Mine were regulars in the rotation and pitched at least 190 innings but that's bad for anyone that gets into a number of games.I looked him up and he actually had back to back years over 7.20! The first,In 1930,he was 3-4 with a 7.97 In 24 games and 10 starts,he pitched 84.2 Innings.His numbers were awful! In 1931,he was 2-3 with a7.24. He pitched in 12 games,4 starts and 41 Innings. He was Ok for a few years after that. Amazing that he got another shot. How do you know about this Guy??!!

Leave a comment:

• RuthMayBond
    replied
    How about single season Starters? I guess this could be a seperate thread. Some come to mind:

5) Len Barker 1980 Indians 19-12 4.17
    You call that bad, another Indian, Milt Shofner's 7.03

Leave a comment:

• JohnGelnarFan
    replied
    Worst E.R.A.'s

How about single season Starters? I guess this could be a seperate thread. Some come to mind:

1) Bobo Newsome 1938 Browns 20-16 5.08 E.R.A.
    2) Rick Helling 1998 Rangers 20-7 4.41
    3) Jim Merritt 1970 Reds 20-12 4.08
    4) Dan Spillner 1980 Indians 16-11 5.29
    5) Len Barker 1980 Indians 19-12 4.17

These are,of course,before this crazy era of 4.25 E.R.A.s being respectable!

Leave a comment:

• rxreed
    replied
    I forgot about Joe Cleary. China's Shuai Li had a 40.50 ERA in 2/3 innings during a World Baseball Classic game last weekend.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X