Complete Removal of Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complete Removal of Threads

Yet again today, I saw a person advertise and take up space on this forum, this is a waste of space and I wish those types of threads could be completly removed from this site, is there anyway to do that?
    Unlike most other team sports, in which teams usually have an equivalent number of players on the field at any given time, in baseball the hitting team is at a numerical disadvantage, with a maximum of 5 players and 2 base coaches on the field at any time, compared to the fielding team's 9 players. For this reason, leaving the dugout to join a fight is generally considered acceptable in that it results in numerical equivalence on the field, and a fairer fight.

Where? Who?

Comment

Originally posted by nascarfn5
      Yet again today, I saw a person advertise and take up space on this forum, this is a waste of space and I wish those types of threads could be completly removed from this site, is there anyway to do that?
      Yes there is and one that appeared today was removed earlier.

It is not unique to this board that a person registers and posts only to advertise a product or service. Happens fairly often. Mods will remove the posts, and in many cases the account is disabled if the sole intention of the user is advertising.

Thanks for the heads up. If you notice a post that solicits for product/service or encourages use of a particular website that doesn't lend itself to the baseball discussion here, and that post seems to be hanging around too long, let a moderator know.
      Last edited by Bob Hannah; 02-03-2006, 09:56 AM.

Comment

I saw that thread and it didn't look like an advertisement to me. It was suggesting a website just for laughs. This is a great site but you guys are overly sensetive. Just chill we all know this is not an advertising area.

While I'm on the subject, I rememeber a thread was started called "Poster Vote-Off Game." Why was that deleted?
        Yankees '09

Arod, CC, AJ, DJ and Tex

Comment

People start an account just to advertise their site quite often, actually. I removed one yesterday, myself. The only thing to do if you see one if to report it by clicking on the exclamation point on the post you're reading and a moderator will delete it.

As far as the Poster Vote Off thread, what purpose would that serve besides fanning enmity?
          Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
          Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
          Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
          Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
          Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Basically, we the Mods depend upon you the regular forumers to alert us of anything. Either PM a Mod or hit the "Report Bad Post" icon, which is to the right of the post count in a thread. This emails the forum Mod as to what's going on.

In either case, if you spot any signs of trouble, please alert us and let us take care of it from there. Kind of like calling the local police department if you see highly suspicious behavior.
            Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
            Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
            THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
            Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Mattingly
              Basically, we the Mods depend upon you the regular forumers to alert us of anything. Either PM a Mod or hit the "Report Bad Post" icon, which is to the right of the post count in a thread. This emails the forum Mod as to what's going on.

In either case, if you spot any signs of trouble, please alert us and let us take care of it from there. Kind of like calling the local police department if you see highly suspicious behavior.
              In the Marlins forum, there have been ''Save the Marlins'' websites advertised altely.
              Cristobal

Comment

Originally posted by wilkerson_rulz
                In the Marlins forum, there have been ''Save the Marlins'' websites advertised altely.
                I don't see anything wrong with that. Its not really advertising a product/service. Expos fans did the same here prior to last year. I posted numerous web links to bring D.C. a team prior to last year. Its within the spirit of the rules/policy here.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hannah
                  I don't see anything wrong with that. Its not really advertising a product/service. Expos fans did the same here prior to last year. I posted numerous web links to bring D.C. a team prior to last year. Its within the spirit of the rules/policy here.
                  Sorry.
                  They were advertising sites where you make a generous ''donation'':atthepc
                  It's fine, I didn't know they were allowed.
                  Cristobal

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Cold Nose
                    As far as the Poster Vote Off thread, what purpose would that serve besides fanning enmity?
                    It was just for fun. Jeez, we're not little kids trying to pick on each other. And it wasn't an advertisement or anything. You could have at least explained why you were deleting it before you did so. Deleting threads for no reason is wrong. So my advice to you is to stop deleting threads that you are personally against.
                    Yankees '09

Arod, CC, AJ, DJ and Tex

Comment

Originally posted by Yankee Legend
                      It was just for fun. Jeez, we're not little kids trying to pick on each other. And it wasn't an advertisement or anything. You could have at least explained why you were deleting it before you did so. Deleting threads for no reason is wrong. So my advice to you is to stop deleting threads that you are personally against.
                      It wasn't a decision made by one person. It was discussed between moderators and several persons had input into the decision. Many reasons were brought up. It wasn't an arbitrary decision made spur of the moment.

Recently one vote off game, about ballparks, didn't include someone's favorite. This caused some friction in the thread between a few members. Just imagine the kinds of feelings that could be aroused in some people if they were voted off as quickly as the Yankees are in most of these games!!!

Comment

While we're on the subject of advertising, is asking members to join a fantasy league considered an advertisement????
                        Yankees '09

Arod, CC, AJ, DJ and Tex

Comment

While we're on the subject of advertising, is asking members to join a fantasy league considered an advertisement????
                          That happens here all the time.

Comment

To answer your question.

No.
                            BELIEVE

Comment

If the person already knew you, I wouldn't mind. Heck, they could invite you over to a barbecue for all I care.

Now if it's someone you didn't know, they pestered yourself and lots of others to join their league, or a website, I'd say that's borderline with the league, but likely advertising with the website.
                              Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                              Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                              THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                              Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X