Real Time Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real Time Chat

Any way we could get a Real Time Chat added to this site? I think that would be an outstanding addition to an already great forum.

Originally posted by hiddengem
    Any way we could get a Real Time Chat added to this site? I think that would be an outstanding addition to an already great forum.
    And you have all the connections...
    Cristobal

Comment

This has been mentioned before..
      http://www.baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=31637&

Here is Seans reasons as to why not..

Originally posted by webmaster
      Why is easy. Baseball Fever is part of the Baseball Almanac family of sites which as a group include five baseball sites, more than 300,000 total webpages, and roughly a million visitors each month. Two new sites are planned for the off-season and the parent site (Baseball Almanac) will probably expand to include another 50,000+ pages before the year is over. The Baseball Card Database just opened over there and that project is yet another epic sized project we are hoping to build upon quite a bit to become "the online standard" for free baseball card checklists. I could continue, but with all this said please keep in mind that the entire family of sites is still the part time business of just one person - me. I could not do it with tons of volunteers, but they come and go and I use a lot of caution when taking on new projects / sites. The chat room item falls into that last category as it would require constant attention if it were to be part of our family. This is something I am simply not ready to tackle, but am open to suggestions if it is something you know a lot about and wish to help me with...

Sean
      BELIEVE

Comment

I still feel the same way. Perhaps this season I will run a test case with a relatively new plugin called 123FlashChat. It has fast caught on as the standard for those of us running this software and appears well supported. I'll start researching it a bit more, but please be patient if this is something you are interested in. The license that we would need here costs $2,499.00 so it is in investment as far as we are concerned and one that would need to be explored fully before taking a risk like that...

Sean

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X