Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can somebody help a guy out and give links of where to go now that this is dead?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can somebody help a guy out and give links of where to go now that this is dead?

... or would that be "verboten"?

Can you be more specific?
    Classic baseball and ballparks https://twitter.com/behindthebagbtb

Comment

Originally posted by alpineinc View Post
      Can you be more specific?
      Where does one go to talk baseball like we used to here? The reddit-powered sites (like for Cards fans, "Viva El Birdos") a) dont have an interest in Hx or Trivia, b) are cliques or have posters trying to outsnark each other ...

Facebook has some good groups .. but looking for others

Comment

Good luck trying to find such a site. While this site is sadly dying, there isn't really an alternative that I know of. Reddit and facebook users are mostly comprised of millennials. Most, not all, of them do not care about history of any kind.

Comment

I've been using Net54baseball.com. It's centered more on the baseball cards and memorabilia side of the house, but does have a section for sports discussion, and most of the members there are very knowledgeable about the history of the game. It also has a very vibrant buy/sell/trade section, something that this site even in its heyday never had.
          Check out my new autograph blog

Signed 1953 Topps Project: 102/274 (37.23%) complete

Comment

There are many very active and even prolific discussion boards for individual teams in various locations on the web, but the history of baseball (and also ballparks, where I roam) is less conducive to daily discussion. But visiting both my busy team board elsewhere and BBF gives me my daily dose of the baseball info I need lol. That said, BBF is what you make it - the more posts you make, the more discussion it can generate. I post as much as time allows (in my busy work schedule) in the Ballparks section, but few other people do (including many who were turned off or even intimidated by the new site format), and that results in the current state of BBF. Post!
            Classic baseball and ballparks https://twitter.com/behindthebagbtb

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X