Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The last software update destroys formatting when cutting and pasting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The last software update destroys formatting when cutting and pasting.

Empty lines between paragraphs disappear. Centering becomes off kilter and impossible to fix. You get blobs of crooked text. It's not worth the time to try to make readable, because, if you go through an article re-inserting empty lines between paragraphs, one small change will make all that work disappear again.

Default, when cutting and pasting, seems to be a blob of unformatted text that defies fixing.

Can we just restore cutting and pasting defaults to what they were before the most recent update?

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Originally posted by Mongoose View Post
    Empty lines between paragraphs disappear. Centering becomes off kilter and impossible to fix. You get blobs of crooked text. It's not worth the time to try to make readable, because, if you go through an article re-inserting empty lines between paragraphs, one small change will make all that work disappear again.

Default, when cutting and pasting, seems to be a blob of unformatted text that defies fixing.

Can we just restore cutting and pasting defaults to what they were before the most recent update?
    What program/app, if any, are you using for editing before pasting?
    Put it in the books.

Comment

Originally posted by milladrive View Post

What program/app, if any, are you using for editing before pasting?
      Just a Firefox browser.

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoose View Post

Just a Firefox browser.
        I'm pretty sure I once had the same issue many moons ago, because to this day I religiously first paste into Notepad (or a similar bare-bones editor), then re-copy and paste into wherever it'll be submitted. This seems to help retain most paragraph formatting. Some things that Notepad won't do, like bold, italics, et al, still need to be adjusted, but that doesn't tend to drive one insane.

I don't recommend Word, for it's notorious for adding hard line breaks on every line. Talk about maddening.
        Put it in the books.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X