No announcement yet.

Leaving the Site Permanently

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, Ad Block is free, (though they welcome a one-time donation), and it works!
    They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

I am getting the same irritating, giant ads whenever I use my work computer (which I cannot run a script blocker on). It is truly annoying and if it is not fixed, I'll be joining calf_eagle in leaving the site permanently.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpm74 View Post
        I am getting the same irritating, giant ads whenever I use my work computer (which I cannot run a script blocker on). It is truly annoying and if it is not fixed, I'll be joining calf_eagle in leaving the site permanently.
        On the one side, I think webmaster deserves a lotta credit for keeping this place running (and reliably I may add), and acknowledge that ads are an important part of that consistency.

On the other side, there's no way I'd wanna see you leave, JJ.
        Put it in the books.

Comment

Originally posted by milladrive View Post

On the one side, I think webmaster deserves a lotta credit for keeping this place running (and reliably I may add), and acknowledge that ads are an important part of that consistency.

On the other side, there's no way I'd wanna see you leave, JJ.
          The presence of ads so not bother me. Seeing gigantic ads covering up 50% of the text does. I does not help that those ads tend to be for Donald Trump and truther websites.

Seriously, the page looks like garbage without adblocker running which I cannot run at work.

Comment

The presence of ads so not bother me. Seeing gigantic ads covering up 50% of the text does. I does not help that those ads tend to be for Donald Trump and truther websites.

Seriously, the page looks like garbage without adblocker running which I cannot run at work.
            How do you get those while I get women's fashion and dresses and shoes and men's jewelry, all stuff I have no need for and don't browse? I keep seeing maxi vs. midi dress ads...and I had to google it just to figure out what the difference was/is!
            "I, Toledo Inquisition, firmly believe that the New York Mets will win the 2021 World Series."
            Play the Who am I? game in trivia and you can make this signature line yours for 3 days (baseball signatures only!)

Go here for a link to all player links! http://www.baseball-fever.com/forum/...player-threads

Go here for all your 1920's/1930's OF info

Comment

Thing is, political ads have been blocked for many years. I know it doesn't solve the problem, but that much I know.
              Put it in the books.

Comment

Originally posted by milladrive View Post

Thing is, political ads have been blocked for many years. I know it doesn't solve the problem, but that much I know.
                The two ads that keep showing up on my work computer that block out the forums are soliciting for donations to some Trump sponsored event.

Comment

There is also this one that just came up:

Screenshot 2021-09-20 072835.png

Comment

Those add boxes cannot be closed and sometimes stretch the length of the screen, making reading and replying on these forums extremely difficult.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X