Perhaps an Off-Topic forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perhaps an Off-Topic forum?

Perhaps just to expand the community a bit and get to know the posters opinions on non-baseball related issues? Movies, other sports perhaps, etc.

I don't think it's a bad idea.

Originally posted by MrUniverse09
    Perhaps just to expand the community a bit and get to know the posters opinions on non-baseball related issues? Movies, other sports perhaps, etc.

I don't think it's a bad idea.
    It isn't, and has been discussed a few times before. Right now, there is no such forum because we'd like to keep up the uniqueness of this site as a baseball-only discussion board. Why be like everyone else?
    Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
    Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
    Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
    Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
    Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

i didn't realize there was anything other than baseball

Comment

I like this idea, time to talk about the Habs!
        Cristobal

Comment

We've had a few discussions which were slightly off-topic, such as how forumers arrived at their usernames. In general, the Admins have stayed away from other sports because BBF was created solely for baseball discussion, and these off-topic things tend to get out of hand very quickly.

If, for example, someone wanted to discuss football, not all of the existing Mods may know enough about this to be the Mod of that forum, and we're not too sure about bringing in a new Mod just for that purpose.

There have also been attempts to discuss politics here. If one person is more conservative than the next, or more liberal than the next, a whole slew of problems can erupt.

BBF was basically created as an addition to baseball-almanac.com, so if baseball discussion isn't the main--and in this case sole--purpose, then it may take more time and effort to keep everyone from ending up using extremely strong words, as well as becoming a bit "too honest" with each other. This could lead to ruffled feathers/nerves in the regular baseball discussions amongst two parties who'd otherwise gotten along just fine.

I'm quite sure that there are many other "chat" forums on the Internet, some of which are subforums of other sports or baseball forums. If so, please feel free to join these while keeping your account at BBF active.

If not, then you may wish to send PMs, emails or AIMs, IMs or whichever form of communication is desired amongst one's preferred fellow baseball fans here.

Thanks.

-Matt
          Last edited by Mattingly; 02-27-2006, 05:19 PM.
          Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
          Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
          THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
          Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Originally posted by wilkerson_rulz
            I like this idea, time to talk about the Habs!
            Is that short for haberdashers? Why would anyone want to talk about hat makers?
            I'm kidding. I've actually been a Canadiens fan since the days of Dryden and Lafleur.
            Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Cold Nose
              I'm kidding. I've actually been a Canadiens fan since the days of Dryden and Lafleur.
              Really! Do you still follow them?
              Cristobal

Comment

It's short for habitually bad hockey teams.
                "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
                Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Really! Do you still follow them?
                  I'm not as diehard as I used to be, but I still root for them. Coming from Detroit and rooting for the Red Wings, as well, the whole Patrick Roy fiasco did not sit well with me. One, because of the way the guy who almost single-handedly won two cups for them was forced out, and, two, because it turned a contender into a champion.
                  Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

I'm not as diehard as I used to be, but I still root for them. Coming from Detroit and rooting for the Red Wings, as well, the whole Patrick Roy fiasco did not sit well with me. One, because of the way the guy who almost single-handedly won two cups for them was forced out, and, two, because it turned a contender into a champion.
                    I agree about Roy, but what's wrong with CONTENDER and CHAMPION?
                    They're very similar words!
                    Cristobal

Comment

I agree about Roy, but what's wrong with CONTENDER and CHAMPION?
                      They're very similar words!
                      Before the Avs acquired Roy, they were a solid contender.
                      With Roy, they were the best team in hockey. That was the ear the Wings set the record for most points in the season. But that trade won the Avs the cup.
                      That's one difference between hockey and baseball. Players like A-Rod are still pieces to a championship. Everything else has to fall in place. In hockey, one player can make that much of a difference. That's why a lot of people prefer baseball, as a more pure "team" sport.
                      See, we made this topical.
                      Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Before the Avs acquired Roy, they were a solid contender.
                        With Roy, they were the best team in hockey. That was the ear the Wings set the record for most points in the season. But that trade won the Avs the cup.
                        That's one difference between hockey and baseball. Players like A-Rod are still pieces to a championship. Everything else has to fall in place. In hockey, one player can make that much of a difference. That's why a lot of people prefer baseball, as a more pure "team" sport.
                        See, we made this topical.
                        Well, this is a baseball forum.

This is off-topic, even for us puck fans!
                        Cristobal

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X