Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Discussion Area....

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New Discussion Area....

    How about adding an area where (potential) season ticket holders can discuss the 'ins and outs' of how they manage their season tickets. A place where tips about how to successfully manage tickets without having to invest all the time that it takes. New season ticket holders go thru a "learning curve" that can be shortened with knowledge on how to manage their season tickets.
    SeasonTicketPartner.com ..... Connect with Season Ticket Partners!

  • #2
    Originally posted by SoCalSportsFan View Post
    How about adding an area where (potential) season ticket holders can discuss the 'ins and outs' of how they manage their season tickets. A place where tips about how to successfully manage tickets without having to invest all the time that it takes. New season ticket holders go thru a "learning curve" that can be shortened with knowledge on how to manage their season tickets.
    It's a very interesting idea. To be honest, there hasn't been much discussion about season tickets outside of the occasional thread in a team forum about prices, when available, etc. Traffic is what usually dictates the creation of a new forum.

    My suggestion is to start a thread, maybe in the Between Innings forum, about, to use your words, the ins and outs of season tickets. It's a start, at least.
    Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
    Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
    Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
    Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
    Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

    Comment


    • #3
      I'm not a season ticket holder, and unfortunately I don't foresee myself becoming one anytime soon, but I agree this would be an interesting topic.
      X
      What's THAT guy doing?
      - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Captain Cold Nose View Post
        It's a very interesting idea. To be honest, there hasn't been much discussion about season tickets outside of the occasional thread in a team forum about prices, when available, etc. Traffic is what usually dictates the creation of a new forum.
        With owning season tickets for the past 3 seasons (2008 is my 4th season), I've gone thru a "major learning curve" about owning season tickets each season. I could have speed up that curve by having a place online that I could have used for a "quick learn" on the various aspects of owning/managing my season tickets. Unforunately that place (if it exists) is scattered all around the various sports related websites/forums on the net.


        Originally posted by Captain Cold Nose View Post
        My suggestion is to start a thread, maybe in the Between Innings forum, about, to use your words, the ins and outs of season tickets. It's a start, at least.
        I'll definately take you up on that. I'm currently "coordinating" the master schedule to this upcoming season for my season tickets, but once I've completed that, I'll be happy to contribute in my area of expertise regarding the manangement and ownership of season tickets.
        SeasonTicketPartner.com ..... Connect with Season Ticket Partners!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by SoCalSportsFan View Post
          [B]



          I'll definately take you up on that. I'm currently "coordinating" the master schedule to this upcoming season for my season tickets, but once I've completed that, I'll be happy to contribute in my area of expertise regarding the manangement and ownership of season tickets.
          That sounds great. It's a fresh idea for this site, which is always good to see, and certainly there are plenty of season ticket holders on this site or people considering it who could use such a primer. I know I've been contemplating getting season tickets for the local minor league team.
          Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
          Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
          Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
          Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
          Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by SoCalSportsFan View Post
            How about adding an area where (potential) season ticket holders can discuss the 'ins and outs' of how they manage their season tickets. A place where tips about how to successfully manage tickets without having to invest all the time that it takes. New season ticket holders go thru a "learning curve" that can be shortened with knowledge on how to manage their season tickets.
            I imagine it's different for each team. Why not just start a thread on your team's sub-area?
            Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
            Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by RuthMayBond View Post
              I imagine it's different for each team. Why not just start a thread on your team's sub-area?
              While that certainly could be done, a general primer, where we could compare and contrast between different team policies, would be cool to have.
              Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
              Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
              Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
              Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
              Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by RuthMayBond View Post
                I imagine it's different for each team. Why not just start a thread on your team's sub-area?
                Not everyone who might be interested in reading about season ticket policies would necessarily be interested in searching through all the threads about a team he or she isn't intersted in just for the one thread. I love ballparks, for example, but I'm not going to wade through the Nationals section just to read the one thread updating us on their new building.
                X
                What's THAT guy doing?
                - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

                Comment


                • #9
                  My concern is that the forum would become a buy & sell spot.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Macker View Post
                    My concern is that the forum would become a buy & sell spot.
                    Forums like Collectibles and Equipment haven't really gone down that road. Just like everywhere else, when we do get the stray advert post, we can take care of it.
                    Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
                    Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
                    Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
                    Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
                    Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      How would this topic - which I've never seen discussed - suddenly deserve a separate forum? Seems like "thread" material.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by bkmckenna View Post
                        How would this topic - which I've never seen discussed - suddenly deserve a separate forum? Seems like "thread" material.
                        That is what I am thinking, start a thread first and gauge interest.
                        Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
                        Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
                        Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
                        Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
                        Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Captain Cold Nose View Post
                          That is what I am thinking, start a thread first and gauge interest.
                          I think the general discussion could go in the BI forum... if there is enough interest then whichever team had the following, a thread could be opened in their respected forum.

                          Interesting idea, but like Macker said once deals are starting to be made on various tickets... that is when the topic becomes more than just a discussion and might need monitored...

                          2ยข from lil o' me.
                          BELIEVE

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by RuthMayBond View Post
                            I imagine it's different for each team. Why not just start a thread on your team's sub-area?
                            The seats areas may be different for each team, but the basic principles of "how to successfully manage" season tickets won't change from team to team. What basic things/steps you need to do with your season tickets will not change from one team to another.

                            SeasonTicketPartner.com ..... Connect with Season Ticket Partners!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              New Discussion Area....

                              Originally posted by Captain Cold Nose View Post
                              That sounds great. It's a fresh idea for this site, which is always good to see, and certainly there are plenty of season ticket holders on this site or people considering it who could use such a primer. I know I've been contemplating getting season tickets for the local minor league team.
                              I don't think anyone likes to see something "go to waste", especially something like their season tickets to their favorite team.

                              Season tickets are nice to have. You are afforded the ability to "pick and choose" from the game schedule, and attend any game you want. Of course there are "trade offs" on owning season tickets. You have to "invest your time" to successfully manage them. Some people don't have the time to do that, but will the right "tools" and insight, it's actually rather easy once you get started.
                              SeasonTicketPartner.com ..... Connect with Season Ticket Partners!

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X