New Discussion Area....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, it's a pain.

Sometimes you have to work out creative solutions. For example, since we split a courtside seat at MSG, Jay-Z is letting Beyonce give me a private lingerie show tonight at his penthouse, in exchange for me letting him have the seat when Lebron came to town last night. If I knew Bron was going to drop 50, I would have asked to borrow the Phantom as well.

Seriously, this is a good topic. But, it doesn't have an obvious home. It doesn't really deserve its own forum. In terms of concerns about it turning into a buy and sell, there would be less chance of that happening in a general forum than a team-specific forum - I'd recommend BI, or maybe even Ballparks.
    THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT COME WITH A SCORECARD

In the avy: AZ - Doe or Die

Comment

Interesting idea but I don't see the point. I don't even see why it needs to be discussed.

Yeah, I'm a Season Ticket Holder. 2008 will be my 16th Season. Does that make me an expert? As if there is?

manage Season tickets? What is there to manage? It's rather simple. They send you an inverse every off season to Renewal and you pay it and if they are a team that is high demand the eariler you pay it the better your chances are at getting Opening Day Tickets and other Marquee games. Then they send you the tickets and you use them by going to the games.

And if you are not a sure beat to go to the game then you go in with a friend or stick with Single Game Tickets or you accept that you are a no show

Of Cource I haven't messed a Single Brewers Home Game in nearly 16 Years. So Being a Season Ticket Holder only makes sence for me and everyone should be smart enough to know if it's for them or not.

So that is my option of how I see it and feel free to reply if you think I'm wrong. Although I don't think I am.

Comment

My only issue with this is that it might attract regular members/new members/ spammers to sign up and attempt to sell their tickets for a personal profit.
        Click here to see my autographed 8x10 collection

Comment

Originally posted by AutographCollector View Post
          My only issue with this is that it might attract regular members/new members/ spammers to sign up and attempt to sell their tickets for a personal profit.
          As much as I like the idea, even just for a thread, it's a very valid concern. I can only imagine you have enough headaches with the collectibles forum.
          Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
          Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
          Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
          Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
          Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Unrelated to the actual thread but still....

Originally posted by 645 View Post
            Of Cource I haven't messed a Single Brewers Home Game in nearly 16 Years. So Being a Season Ticket Holder only makes sence for me and everyone should be smart enough to know if it's for them or not.
            I know you've mentioned before you got your screen name because you attended the last 645 Brewer games at County Stadium. Any idea what the consecutive home game streak is currently at?
            RIP - HGF [1937-2009]

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Cold Nose View Post
              As much as I like the idea, even just for a thread, it's a very valid concern. I can only imagine you have enough headaches with the collectibles forum.
              It's very frustrating. I have it set in my sections rules thread that "no selling for a personal profit is allowed". And people still do it. So I have no choice but to delete their post/thread, and pm them. They never come back, because they aren't concerned about this site, they just wanted to make a buck (or a few hundred).
              Now I am not saying that it's going to be a daily event in the season ticket sub forum. I am just saying that it is a concern, and something to be looked upon.
              Click here to see my autographed 8x10 collection

Comment

Interesting idea but I don't see the point. I don't even see why it needs to be discussed.

Yeah, I'm a Season Ticket Holder. 2008 will be my 16th Season. Does that make me an expert? As if there is?

manage Season tickets? What is there to manage? It's rather simple. They send you an inverse every off season to Renewal and you pay it and if they are a team that is high demand the eariler you pay it the better your chances are at getting Opening Day Tickets and other Marquee games. Then they send you the tickets and you use them by going to the games.

And if you are not a sure beat to go to the game then you go in with a friend or stick with Single Game Tickets or you accept that you are a no show

So that is my option of how I see it and feel free to reply if you think I'm wrong. Although I don't think I am.
                Well hooray for you, want a cookie?

I wouldn't be so proud to not have had anything better or more important to do than go to a baseball game since Ross Perot made his first bid for the White House either. But, hey, to each their own...

When it comes to teams that actually draw fans its not so simple as sticking with single games though. If you want a chance at getting tickets to marquee match-ups, you are basically required to buy at least some sort of ticket plan.

I have a group of friends who split two seats, full 81 game package at Yankee Stadium. They are all rather successful professionals, who on any given day may be stuck at work until well past first pitch. Managing who gets what games is tough, especially around playoff time (for Brewers fans who may not know, those are games that are played in October). Nobody wants tickets to go to waste either; it's really not as simple make it out to be, unless you are going to games by yourself, and never have any conflicting obligations (kids, jobs, funerals, etc.) or simply have enough money as to not care...

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Cold Nose View Post
                  While that certainly could be done, a general primer, where we could compare and contrast between different team policies, would be cool to have.
                  Even though each teams season ticket policies may be different, I'm sure there are more similarities than differences.
                  No matter what team you have season tickets with, you still have to "find the time" to take care of the tickets so they don't go to waste. Having a place to be able to share and learn about how to make it easier to manage season tickets could be a great idea.

MLB has even said that their deal with StubHub lead to an increase in interest in season tickets. People would be more likely to purchase season tickets knowing that there was a viable market for their tickets they couldn't use.
                  SeasonTicketPartner.com ..... Connect with Season Ticket Partners!

Comment

Originally posted by Macker View Post
                    My concern is that the forum would become a buy & sell spot.
                    That's where the policies would be posted regarding this subject matter. Information only. Actually reselling is prohibited!
                    And of course several moderators who will do their duties enforcing the policies of the board.

Comment

Originally posted by digglahhh View Post

I wouldn't be so proud to not have had anything better or more important to do than go to a baseball game since Ross Perot made his first bid for the White House either. But, hey, to each their own...

When it comes to teams that actually draw fans its not so simple as sticking with single games though. If you want a chance at getting tickets to marquee match-ups, you are basically required to buy at least some sort of ticket plan.

I have a group of friends who split two seats, full 81 game package at Yankee Stadium. They are all rather successful professionals, who on any given day may be stuck at work until well past first pitch. Managing who gets what games is tough, especially around playoff time (for Brewers fans who may not know, those are games that are played in October). Nobody wants tickets to go to waste either; it's really not as simple make it out to be, unless you are going to games by yourself, and never have any conflicting obligations (kids, jobs, funerals, etc.) or simply have enough money as to not care...
                      Well then, I don't want a cookie. I'm on a diet. So No Thanks. I don't want any praze anything like that. I just posted about me to show that I know a thing or two about being a Season ticket Holder and all of that means nothing at all. I know you wouldn't cure and I didn't expect you too.

Yeah, I know you are required to have season tickets to have a chance at getting tickets to marquee match-ups. Everyone knows that. It just is the price you have to pay to have that chance.

I'm sorry if you get stuck at work but can you tell me how having a forum to discuss the fact you are stuck at work is going to give an answer in enough time that will make any diference.

Yeah, I know you don't want to be out of money becouse of it but that's life and yeah you can extend that arguement to are you wasting that investment in season tickets every time you stand in line to buy a hot dog and a beer? and are you again wasting that investment again everytime you drink that beer and you are force to go to the restroom becouse it went right throw you.

You may you may say it isn't that simple but if you look at the big picture it is. It's a mather of understanding it's a gamble and understanding if you gamble you might lose. It is as simple as desiding Are you going to Gamble or are you not going to gamble.

Comment

Originally posted by RBi View Post
                        I think the general discussion could go in the BI forum... if there is enough interest then whichever team had the following, a thread could be opened in their respected forum.

Interesting idea, but like Macker said once deals are starting to be made on various tickets... that is when the topic becomes more than just a discussion and might need monitored...

2ยข from lil o' me.
                        That sounds like a feasible starting plan. You could have thread where to go to when you "want/need" some information/feedback on anything regarding season tickets. Many people don't have a clue about season tickets, but actually would consider owning them for their favorite team, if they knew about "how to successfully" manage them.

If the interest warranted, a "team specific" thread could be used for any information that applied only to that team.

Moderators can take care of the problems with ticket sales postings.

Comment

Life = being out of money because of season tickets to a sporting team.

Does the fortune cookie industry know about this Confucian gem?

But the point is, one could ask questions to others that might help them become more informed as to whether they should take the gamble, and how one can develop a system of safety nets to ensure as few tickets as possible go to waste.

Comment

New Discussion Area......

Yeah, it's a pain.
                            Sometimes it can be a "time monster" during the MLB season. Part of the pain is the "learning curve" you experience when own season tickets. As I've acquired "knowledge" about how to maximize the value of my season tickets, the "pain" part has started to diminish with the help of a few custom built spreadsheets to keep track of the data that is necessary "to maximize" the value of the seasson tickets.

Sometimes you have to work out creative solutions. For example, since we split a courtside seat at MSG, Jay-Z is letting Beyonce give me a private lingerie show tonight at his penthouse, in exchange for me letting him have the seat when Lebron came to town last night. If I knew Bron was going to drop 50, I would have asked to borrow the Phantom as well.
                            That's why we do "trade out" with other sports season ticket holders, concerts, and other events. Gives the other season ticket holder a chance to experience your sport, and you a chance to experience their sport.

Seriously, this is a good topic.
                            It certainly looks like there is "some interest" in this subject matter.
                            In terms of concerns about it turning into a buy and sell, there would be less chance of that happening in a general forum than a team-specific forum - I'd recommend BI, or maybe even Ballparks.
                            Sounds like BI will be a likely starting point.
                            Moderation will one of the "keys" to that new area!

Comment

New Discussion Area

Yeah, I'm a Season Ticket Holder. 2008 will be my 16th Season. Does that make me an expert?
                              That's great that you've been a supporter and season ticket holder for the Brewers for the past 16 seasons.

Many people in the first few seasons of owning season tickets don't have the time to manage their tickets, and some of the games go unused when if they had tools/knowledge to help them, they won't be throwing their money down the drain when the tickets go unused.

Simply put, the financial investment in your season tickets. Any time you don't use/sell your tickets, that just like taking a lighter to the tickets and "torching them."

Thats why I (and a lot of other STH) split their season tickets with either one other person (or a group)

Thats great!!! Must be nice to have the available time to make every game. I've averaged 35 Angels games in the past 3 seasons, and I live over 60 miles away from Angel Stadium.

Comment

New Discussion Area

Most fans in Major Markets have to either buy full season tickets, a mini-plan, or find a season ticket partner in order to be able to get the "marquee match-ups."

Well said and my exact point of this thread! Many people have "full lives" and have work/family commitments, but are also fans of their local sports team. By having a plan/tools to help maximize their season tickets, the likelyhood that the tickets are going to be "wasted" is going to be "slim."

I split my season tickets with 1 person, and we sell "mini-plans" to several others to help recoup some of our basic "financial investment" in our season tickets. We've learned a lot in owning season tickets for the past 3 seasons, and I sure would have liked to have found a place where I could have learned how to skip the "bumps" in the season ticket road. We've had to just learn how to do it the "hard way", but going into our 4th season, we've "mastered" many of the fundamentals when it comes to maximizing our season tickets.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X