With the new time, site clock is really off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With the new time, site clock is really off

With the time change that just occurred the site's clock is really off.

It's currently 3:55 a.m. and it shows me as posting this at 4:47 a.m.
    Click here to see my autographed 8x10 collection

Originally posted by AutographCollector View Post
    With the time change that just occurred the site's clock is really off.

It's currently 3:55 a.m. and it shows me as posting this at 4:47 a.m.
    You're not the first who is telling this. It seems something that is not easy to be fixed.

Comment

I have 6:22am in EDT (displays at 6:15am).

EDIT:

I got the approximate time set by going to the User CP (below "Baseball Fever" on the top left, then:

Edit Options
      Date & Time Options
      DST Correction Option
      (choose "Always On")

I think that the 7-minute difference in time will need to be corrected by Sean.

Some states, such as Indiana, don't follow DST, so they're always on "standard time".
      Last edited by Mattingly; 03-09-2008, 03:24 AM.
      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
      THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan View Post
        You're not the first who is telling this. It seems something that is not easy to be fixed.
        Noooo.... before it was like 6-8 minutes fast. It was almost an hour off.

Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
        I have 6:22am in EDT (displays at 6:15am).

EDIT:

I got the approximate time set by going to the User CP (below "Baseball Fever" on the top left, then:

Edit Options
        Date & Time Options
        DST Correction Option
        (choose "Always On")

I think that the 7-minute difference in time will need to be corrected by Sean.

Some states, such as Indiana, don't follow DST, so they're always on "standard time".
        Mine has been set to "always on" since the day that I joined.

Comment

Noooo.... before it was like 6-8 minutes fast. It was almost an hour off.

Mine has been set to "always on" since the day that I joined.
          If you're in Maryland, then you're on Eastern Time, just as I am (in NJ). Do you have your time clock set to "GMT -5 hours"? That's what mine is at. What's your setting for this?

Please make a post, then include the actual time that post was made.
          Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

If you're in Maryland, then you're on Eastern Time, just as I am (in NJ). Do you have your time clock set to "GMT -5 hours"? That's what mine is at. What's your setting for this?

Please make a post, then include the actual time that post was made.
            Mine has always been set for GMT (Eastern time). The current time according to my laptop and the clock on the wall shows 2:37p.m.

EDIT: It's now 7 minutes off... earlier this morning the system must have been rebooting or whatever because like I stated earlier it was off by almost an hour.

Comment

Mine has always been set for GMT (Eastern time). The current time according to my laptop and the clock on the wall shows 2:37p.m.

EDIT: It's now 7 minutes off... earlier this morning the system must have been rebooting or whatever because like I stated earlier it was off by almost an hour.
              I guess that Sean would have to take care of the extra 7 minutes that the clock is off by.

Comment

I guess that Sean would have to take care of the extra 7 minutes that the clock is off by.
                He has spoken about it before. My worry was with the DST change from 2:00 a.m. this morning that the site's clock was going to remain off by almost an hour. It's back to the old ways of only being off by 7 minutes. We have plenty of threads where it discusses the 7 minute issue.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X