Youtube embedding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Youtube embedding

Williamsburg2599 suggested this in another post, and I think it is a good idea. Some other forums have a feature were you can embed Youtube video right into your post, so you don't have to click a link and go to another page. I think that this would be a great feature because I am seeing more and more Youtube links being posted.

If at all possible, I'd love to see this implemented here. I have seen it on other forums and think it's a neat little feature that makes viewing youtube clips alot easier than having them open in another window.
    RIP - HGF [1937-2009]

Comment

If a YouTube clip is embedded, does it automatically play? Or is it activated on a click? The latter would be far preferable, IMO.

Comment

The latter I believe.
        RIP - HGF [1937-2009]

Comment

Yeah, it has to be clicked on to play. It seems to me that it wouldn't take up much more bandwith, and it wouldn't drastically alter load times (since the vid doesn't load unless you hit play). I'm thinking there might be some sort of copyright issue though, is someone were to post a video that violates a copyright...
          WAMCO!

Comment

I don't see where copyright is an issue. The software to embed videos is on other message boards and on most blogs and myspace pages now.
            RIP - HGF [1937-2009]

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Bedard View Post
              If a YouTube clip is embedded, does it automatically play? Or is it activated on a click? The latter would be far preferable, IMO.
              I think it's a slightly different posting code to embed the videos to not play automatically.

I know of other forums in which posting Youtube videos is enabled, but it is stated in the terms of the forum that videos must be posted in a manner that they don't play unless clicked.
              THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT COME WITH A SCORECARD

In the avy: AZ - Doe or Die

Comment

Originally posted by Richmond Hill Phoenix View Post
                Yeah, it has to be clicked on to play. It seems to me that it wouldn't take up much more bandwith, and it wouldn't drastically alter load times (since the vid doesn't load unless you hit play). I'm thinking there might be some sort of copyright issue though, is someone were to post a video that violates a copyright...
                As far as I know, if your not the one uploading it, It's not your problem. I've seen even the biggest websites (AOL.com and such) upload videos that are clearly copyrighted (Like to show an A-rod HR or something) from youtube. And once MLB or whoever removes it, the embed doesn't work anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Williamsburg2599 View Post
                  As far as I know, if your not the one uploading it, It's not your problem. I've seen even the biggest websites (AOL.com and such) upload videos that are clearly copyrighted (Like to show an A-rod HR or something) from youtube. And once MLB or whoever removes it, the embed doesn't work anymore.
                  This is my interpretation as well.

But, I certainly wouldn't consider my opinion here one of expertise.
                  THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT COME WITH A SCORECARD

In the avy: AZ - Doe or Die

Comment

YouTube Videos

They can be posted and they give us permission as long as you use their embed video interface which is present on all their video pages. Here is one I just did of the Willie Mays catch:

S.

Comment

Thanks, Webmaster, has it always been this way, or did you just add it?

For those of you wondering how you do it, go to the video's page, And under the description on the right hand side, there is a box with embed in it, all you have to do is copy what's in the box and paste it into your post.

Comment

This is a test to see if I did this right:

If I did do this correct it's a video of Mets pitchers John Maine & ex Mets pitcher Phillip Humber:
                        Click here to see my autographed 8x10 collection

Comment

it's only working in this thread for me...

Comment

Originally posted by AutographCollector View Post
                            If I did do this correct it's a video of Mets pitchers John Maine & ex Mets pitcher Phillip Humber:
                            You just like seeing Maine
                            "There are three things in my life which I really love: God, my family, and baseball. The only problem - once baseball season starts, I change the order around a bit.
                            ~~Al Gallagher

God Bless America!

Click here to see my baseball tribute site!

Click here to see the best pitcher NOT in the HOF!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Baseball Guru View Post
                              You just like seeing Maine
                              Well, yeah. :cap:
                              Click here to see my autographed 8x10 collection

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X