replied
    Our friend is back.

http://forums.espn.go.com/espn/messa...ageID=21278563

http://www.baseball-fever.com/showth...533#post505533

Leave a comment:

• ESPNFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Imapotato
    Wow, I guess I 'should' be flattered????
    I'd sue for royalties ; )

But I bet the contents of his piggybank might be dissapointing.

Leave a comment:

• Imapotato
    replied
    Wow, I guess I 'should' be flattered????

Leave a comment:

• johnny
    replied
    Originally posted by ESPNFan
    Gentleman,
    There is no thanks needed, I was just tired of reading and arguing with someone who' only writing skills consisted of 2nd grade art class cutting and pasting.

I love the site, I actually posted here a few weeks ago but forgot my damn password and never got the email from the site.
    Anyway The only way that your ever going to beable to deal with people like this is by finding the I.P. address and showing them the door. I can almost understand a college student or a reporter taking shortcuts under a deadline, but for something like this thats suopposed to be fun is stealing someone's ideas and presenting them as your own is just patheticly dishonest.

ESPN basicly did nothing except to delete the thread discussing it and pretend it never happened. But what do you expect from a site that employs Skip Bayless and Steven A. Smith?

There are a couple more examples i found and If you Mods need any help or want to ask some questions let me know. As we see in the headlines today people who take shortcuts only bring the game of baseball down.
    ESPN Fan
    Sunshine is the best disinfectant.

Leave a comment:

• ESPNFan
    replied
    Gentleman,
    There is no thanks needed, I was just tired of reading and arguing with someone who' only writing skills consisted of 2nd grade art class cutting and pasting.

I love the site, I actually posted here a few weeks ago but forgot my damn password and never got the email from the site.
    Anyway The only way that your ever going to beable to deal with people like this is by finding the I.P. address and showing them the door. I can almost understand a college student or a reporter taking shortcuts under a deadline, but for something like this thats suopposed to be fun is stealing someone's ideas and presenting them as your own is just patheticly dishonest.

ESPN basicly did nothing except to delete the thread discussing it and pretend it never happened. But what do you expect from a site that employs Skip Bayless and Steven A. Smith?

There are a couple more examples i found and If you Mods need any help or want to ask some questions let me know. As we see in the headlines today people who take shortcuts only bring the game of baseball down.

Leave a comment:

• johnny
    replied
    Originally posted by digglahhh
    Are there any of mine, do they like me better over there?

Seriously, this is a shame, it was only a matter of time before something like this happened. I was just hoping that I wouldn't see this phenomenon happening for the first time in something written by a popular baseball writer or in a book I bought that somebody got paid to "write."

In one respect it could be flattering, but dude give credit. Prefacing any such instance witht the following would do:

"As the brilliant baseball historian, philosopher, sociologist and political analyst digglahhh once wrote on the grandfather of all baseball sites, Baseball-Fever..."

Thanks for the heads up ESPN fan- now quick somebody more assertive than I, do something about this.

"As the brilliant baseball historian, philosopher, sociologist and political analyst digglahhh once wrote on the grandfather of all baseball sites, Baseball-Fever I agree with Johnny! "

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Captain Cold Nose
    Zaentz can't dance but he'll steal your money.
    I don't like music very much so he won't be getting any money from me.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Cold Nose
    replied
    Originally posted by wamby
    I believe The Old Man Down the Road alledgedly ripped off Run Through the Jungle.
    Zaentz can't dance but he'll steal your money.

Leave a comment:

• jalbright
    replied
    This gives a good idea why an internet site is probably not the best place to publish any serious research that you have done.
    Perhaps. I have seen large portions of my writings on Japanese baseball (from another site) quoted in these pages without attribution. It's a little easier to do this with web-based material because it saves the plagiarist typing time, but that's the only difference.

Also, while such a post is intellectually dishonest, I'm trying to get a message across, and the person isn't harming me--in fact, the poster is aiding my cause. Now, if like the professor who "wrote" an article, (and presumably was paid for it) there is money involved, that is a different matter altogether since he profited from his dishonesty--and not his work, but someone else's. If I should catch someone doing so, I will likely sue them for my rightful share of the money derived.

Jim Albright

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Captain Cold Nose
    Which songs were involved there? I thought Rock and Roll Girls was the Fogerty song but can't remember which CCR work he "ripped off."
    I believe The Old Man Down the Road alledgedly ripped off Run Through the Jungle.

Leave a comment:

• RuthMayBond
    replied
    John Fogarty revisited.
    The 1885 outfielder?

Leave a comment:

• Captain Cold Nose
    replied
    John Fogarty revisited.
    Which songs were involved there? I thought Rock and Roll Girls was the Fogerty song but can't remember which CCR work he "ripped off."

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by digglahhh
    Tros,

You rule!

In college I was accused of plaigiarism once by a professor who had a very frail ego and could not accept the fact he had students who wrote better than he did. I told him "I confess, portions of this paper were taken from another work...a paper I wrote in high school."
    John Fogarty revisited.

Leave a comment:

• RuthMayBond
    replied
    I know this term is thrown around a lot on this forum but I feel the need to use it here. That professor is a scumbag.
    No sense in giving regular scumbags such a bad name

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    [QUOTE=trosmok
    I have a personal loathing for this behavior because of an incident during my college days. My Constitutional Law prof took my final thesis and published it nearly word for word in a well-read journal with his name as author, and gave me no credit whatsoever. When I confronted him the following semester he scoffed "Well, this will teach you to have your work copyrighted before submission, won't it?" I made sure there were no witnesses in sight and gave him a patented haymaker below the belt. I suppose we both learned a lesson that day.[/QUOTE]

I know this term is thrown around a lot on this forum but I feel the need to use it here. That professor is a scumbag.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X