Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kudos to Baseball Fever

Hello Everyone

I just want to say that I am very happy to be a part of Baseball Fever and have been truly amazed by the number of people on here as well as the amount of intelligent baseball discussions constantly taking place.

As someone involved with a baseball website and message board, I can easily say that this is the Baseball Forum that the Chasing74 staff looks to as motivation and aspirations to continue to grow and expand.

Keep up the great works guys! You have a great message board here!

--J. Iturrino, Chasing74

Full Focus, LLC
    ChasingRecords - The Home of NY Sports Talk

sigpic

Hey buddy. Keep active please. You will not regret it. The amount you learn that you didn't know before, and the great discussions you have here is bar-none.
    MySpace Codes

Comment

Will definitely do, thanks!

sigpic

Comment

Thank you very much, Chasing74, from all of us to yourself.

Tell me, what are your main interests as far as how you will utilize BBF? We have many forums here, where history, the Hall of Fame, international baseball, active teams and teams no longer existing are also discussed here, and quite a bit more!
        Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
        Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
        THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
        Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Well, I'm a big Yankees fan so I'll be in that section of the boards most of the time. As part of the 'ChasingRecords' concept, I'm always looking into the records and statistics section as well.

But most importantly, as the owner of the Chasing74 Sports Talk Forum, I wanted to check out the BBF since it is without a doubt the best of the best!

We have a ''Pennies For Your Thoughts'' fundraiser, so I'm always looking for additional ideas and suggestions to try and improve our message boards. I really look forward to talking baseball and interacting with everyone here. Thanks for having me.

sigpic

Comment

I appreciate the kudos, as I'm sure others do.

I'm not sure if you're allowed to link a picture of your website that's also a sports forum. You may wish to contact the site owner about this. Try "webmaster" to see if that's allowed. To my knowledge, you can have a link which doesn't spell out the exact name of the link, such as "please check my site", with the link contained within that, but not spelled out.

Other than that, enjoy. I don't know much about your charity, since that's conducted by your website, so if you could not mention that too often here, that may be great.

Either case, just feel free to enjoy everything about BBF, and I'd appreciate it if you didn't mention your own website too often here.

Thanks.
            Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

Consider it done my friend. I meant no harm, just friendly background information. I'll definitely contact the person in charge, thanks for the heads up.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chasing74 View Post
                Consider it done my friend. I meant no harm, just friendly background information. I'll definitely contact the person in charge, thanks for the heads up.
                Thanks for your co-operative attitude.

Whenever you get a chance, I believe that instead of a photo, a link to your site may be more acceptable if done like this:

My website

Whichever words you choose will be your own, but the "My website" is a simplification on my part, to be merely used as an example.

If you need a quicker reply, please also send your PM to "The Commissioner" and "Macker", both of whom are also Admins. Any of them can provide an acceptable answer as to your sig line usage.

I'm personally not too thrilled with photos in sig lines here, since I believe they distract from what the person is trying to say. From what little I've seen of you in the Yankee forum, you seem quite interested in having pleasant discussions here, so if someone sees a small comment followed by a relatively large and colorful photo, I think that the photo is what people remember the most. However you present yourself, the points you make and the manner in which you make them are what people should remember about you, not just your sig line.

Anyway, a nice baseball quote from a player you strongly respect is a decent idea for a sig line, as well as something about a team you admire. My own is a combo of memories of teams and players, all of whom are no longer amongst us.

We here at BBF are thought-driven and we value our forumers' viewpoints moreso than anything else. We agree, disagree, debate, intellectualize or whatever, to make our points. It's this solid discussion thing where we study the various points being made that make this such a wonderful site and home for many of us.

In time, everyone gets to know one another, so please feel free to join in. Whatever you do, make sure that you check the existing threads in each of the many forums you may visit, and check out the various personalities, what they bring to the table, and see how you can add your own unique voice to the lively discussion.

If you have any problems whatsoever, there are various other forumers as well as Mods here who are mostly pleased to help you.

Enjoy your lengthy stay here.
                Last edited by Mattingly; 05-13-2008, 12:31 AM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X