Stadiums Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stadiums Question

I was always kinda curious on why threads for the stadiums have so many views. I rarely look at them but I noticed some of em have millions of views. Is there that many guests or members who view them? I noticed the Citi Field thread has over 8 million views, thats why I was kinda curious. I cant imagine what the Yankee Stadium thread has.

I should have put this question under the stadiums. I didnt think about it until after I posted this.
    "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Good question, sir.

Well, to answer your inquiry about the Citi Field thread, the reason for so many views is due to there once being a popular "Tickets"-type thread that was once merged with the main thread, and along with it went the number of views. Before long, it was realized there was a demand and requests for a separate Tickets thread I'd not realized was so strong, so I began a new one. That's the primary reason for the abundance of views in the Citi Field thread.

As for the other threads, again, there was a time when there were multiple threads based on the same stadiums. Must have been well over a dozen threads on just the OYS alone. They were consolidated, and with that consolidation went the views. There were a few others as well, but that's the gist of it. Aside from that, the Ballparks forum, as you know, is a very popular forum, so it racks up views even from unregistered guests.

Few if any merges have taken place in the past 18 months, since the forum is now so well organized, so these days the large number of views is being derived solely from members and guests creating the traffic.
    Put it in the books.

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, this was the only place on the interent that actually had ongoing discussions regarding the building of the both new stadiums in New York. At least, that's what a few regular posters in the forum said.
      Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
      Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
      Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
      Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
      Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Thanks for the info, I was looking at the Citi Field thread and I never noticed how many posts it had. That is pretty amazing to have over 8 million views. I did view it and it was pretty interesting.
        "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Cold Nose View Post
          If I'm not mistaken, this was the only place on the interent that actually had ongoing discussions regarding the building of the both new stadiums in New York. At least, that's what a few regular posters in the forum said.
          Most are still there.

Tiger Stadium Demolition;
          Marlins Park Construction;
          Yankee Stadium [II] Construction;
          Yankee Stadium [I] Demolition;
          Yankee Stadium [I] Renovation (1974 - 1975);
          Citi Field Construction;
          As well as a couple of threads surrounding the preservation of landmark parks, such as Tiger Stadium, which had quite a strong movement for a time, and Wrigley Field and Fenway Park, and several threads focusing on tentative proposed stadiums in various markets, speculating on whether to be renovated or even built at all.

A couple of threads don't remain, though, such as the Shea Stadium Demolition thread, which, after it died, was merged with Shea Stadium, hence its above-average views. I suppose, in hindsight, it wouldn't have killed me to leave that one alone.

All the ballpark threads were extensively researched and organized during the '10/'11 offseason with thanks to Mario Mendoza...HOF Lock, and have since been further extensively organized and maintained by yours truly in what has been embraced by the community as the "Quick Search & Index For Threads By City/Stadium/Topic" or, as it's often referred, the Forum Index. I must admit, it does offer a certain feeling of pride when I receive pm's by people like the Pastores, who've told me they think we have the best ballpark forum on the Web. High praise indeed.
          Put it in the books.

Comment

Originally posted by milladrive View Post
            A couple of threads don't remain, though, such as the Shea Stadium Demolition thread, which, after it died, was merged with Shea Stadium, hence its above-average views. I suppose, in hindsight, it wouldn't have killed me to leave that one alone.
            Didn't know you merged that thread. Yes, you should have left it alone. If for no other reason than to make it easier for people who might want to specifically research the demolition of Shea Stadium to find material and information they need.
            X
            What's THAT guy doing?
            - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
              Didn't know you merged that thread. Yes, you should have left it alone. If for no other reason than to make it easier for people who might want to specifically research the demolition of Shea Stadium to find material and information they need.
              Yup, no argument there.
              Put it in the books.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X