Where did everyone go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
    The site update likely had something to do with it. It was clearly botched, and looked and ran way better before. Lack of mods is also hurting. Really miss Captain Cold Nose.
    Yeah - it was already sliding and the update made it worse. There are several regulars that never came back after the update.
    1885 1886 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011

1887 1888 1928 1930 1943 1968 1985 1987 2004 2013

1996 2000 2001 2002 2005 2009 2012 2014 2015

The Top 100 Pitchers In MLB History
    The Top 100 Position Players In MLB History

Comment

Yes, so many great posters we don't see anymore..Tyrus, Nerdlinger, GiambiJuice, and many more who I don't want to forget...the list goes on.

The biggest issue I have with the site right now from a technical basis:

1) The search function is terrible. I'm not able to find what I want - older posts are not found.
      2) Lack of smilies/emojis. This might seems stupid, but they really showed when people were not trying to be confrontational.
      If the White Sox has not traded Sammy Sosa, they'd have probably won a few more World Series. (Chadwick)
      Play the Who am I? game in trivia and you can make this signature line yours for 3 days (baseball signatures only!)

Go here for a link to all player links! http://www.baseball-fever.com/forum/...player-threads

Go here for all your 1920's/1930's OF info

Comment

Originally posted by Toledo Inquisition View Post
        Yes, so many great posters we don't see anymore..Tyrus, Nerdlinger, GiambiJuice, and many more who I don't want to forget...the list goes on.

The biggest issue I have with the site right now from a technical basis:

1) The search function is terrible. I'm not able to find what I want - older posts are not found.
        2) Lack of smilies/emojis. This might seems stupid, but they really showed when people were not trying to be confrontational.

GiambiJuice still posts here from time to time. Your two points however are spot-on. The update was botched and no one is doing anything about it.
        Lou Gehrig is the Truest Yankee of them all!

Comment

I saw this colloquy the other day and this thread popped to mind but it seemed churlish to referenced it. But since the thread has been posted in, why not put it out there.
          • Adam Jones

10-15-2017, 11:53 PM
            Been a few years since I have done this. He's 31 and on a HOF pace. I project him to finish with the following totals

Games: 2572
            Plate Appearances: 10,467
            At-Bats: 9728
            Runs: 1317
            Hits: 2635
            Doubles: 436
            Triples: 36
            Home Runs: 405
            Runs Batted In: 1316
            Stolen Bases: 117
            Caught Stealing: 44
            Bases on Balls: 478
            Strike Outs: 1915
            Total Bases: 4355
            Ground into Double Play: 267
            Hit By Pitch: 144
            Sacrifice Hits: 10
            Sacrifice Flies: 80
            Intentional Bases on Balls: 31
            Tags: None
            • Flag
            • Like0
          • willshad
            willshad

10-16-2017, 01:25 AM
            I kind of missed these threads. it's pretty cool to see someone who thinks mediocre players will somehow end up with HOF numbers. I think the only one who came close to being projected correctly was Adrian Beltre.
            • Flag
            • Like0
          • Honus Wagner Rules
            Honus Wagner Rules
            xFIP?! I laugh at you!

10-16-2017, 01:43 AM
            Was Adam Jones ever on a Hall of Fame trajectory? Jones best season by WAR is 4.9 and somehow he's made 5 All-Star teams. Jones' career high in walks is 39. LOL.
            • Flag
            • Like0
          • Chadwick
            Chadwick
            Shop at E-Mart

10-16-2017, 12:46 PM
            The only "Hall of Fame path" Jones could reasonably be said to be on is the slim possibility of 3,000 career hits. In no other respect has he been fashioning a Hall of Fame resume.

Comment

I feel like a few years ago, this forum got heavy traffic with constant posts and updates. Now it seems to be a ghost town. Anyone know why the drop-off? It's a shame, I love looking through the photos.

Comment

A few theories.... first of all, we have lost some members that were big participants to old age and/or death, very sadly. A big factor I think is the switch from people being at home with PC's to people carrying around Internet connected smart phones all day long. Shorter and less frequent posts now. Also, in the early days of the site, the Internet was brand new with a huge WOW factor and a a huge novelty factor too. You could actually interact with people that shared your interests at the same intensity you did. (Imagine trying to discuss the St Louis Browns AA championship run in the 19th Century (for just one example) with the patrons of your local bar. They would probably mostly have been totally oblivious &/or snoozed out. But come to Baseball Fever and you could have had such a discussion. Today the WOW and novelty factors are long gone, people take it for granted now, no big deal.

As the site has declined in traffic we have had more than one member post and announce they were leaving the site also (And then subsequently never be seen here again. : ( ). Sort of a domino effect. I wish it would go back to the way it once was, but I have no idea as to how to make such a thing happen.

Comment

Sadly, I think Facebook is also to blame.

Comment

4.5 years later is this still considered an issue?

Comment

Yes, I think so
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post
                      4.5 years later is this still considered an issue?
                      Only if someone brings it up 4.5 years later.
                      Put it in the books.

Comment

Originally posted by milladrive View Post

Only if someone brings it up 4.5 years later.
                        Touche?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X