Who Is He?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Is He?

I may have offered this photo before.....Its the last one that needs to be identified. I have been told that he is in Hill Top Park....But I don't know for sure
    Thanks in advance
    C
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

It looks a bit like a young Pat Moran. Also looks like Jack Taylor or King Cole.

Comment

I reached out to a friend in SABR. He's passing it along to others. Its the last old picture (50 total) in this old picture binder I got at auction a while back that needs to have a name put to it.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisSR View Post
        I may have offered this photo before.....Its the last one that needs to be identified. I have been told that he is in Hill Top Park....But I don't know for sure
        Thanks in advance
        C
        I don't know who it is, but it is not Hilltop Park, and it is probably not a 19th Century image (1900 or earlier)--it appears to be from the second or third decade of the 20th Century.
        Last edited by RUKen; 08-16-2022, 04:57 PM. Reason: I had erroneously stated that it appears to be from the first decade of the 20th Century, but baseball uniforms had collars in the first decade.

Comment

Originally posted by Macker View Post
          It looks a bit like a young Pat Moran. Also looks like Jack Taylor or King Cole.
          I think its Pat Moran

Comment

It looks like Pat Moran, if not, then is someone from a minor league

Comment

Its King Cole definitely!

Comment

That`s Baker Bowl in Philadelphia for sure (in the National League)!Agree with others that it looks like Pat Moran,who played his last 4 seasons for the Phillies and batted right-handed.
                Last edited by Nimrod; 08-15-2022, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Macker View Post
                  It looks a bit like a young Pat Moran.
                  The collarless, plain uniform shirt does not match what the Cubs wore during any of the seasons (1906-1909) that Moran was with Chicago, nor does it match the uniforms that Boston wore when Moran was with the Beaneaters prior to the Cubs. He was on the Phillies starting in 1910, but they wore white caps 1910-1912. Moran's hair was already graying when he joined the Phillies, so I don't see how this could be an image of Moran in 1913 or later.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X