X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All 19th Century Team

Who makes your All-19th Century Team?

Rules
    1. Some candidates will certainly have played the latter part of their career in the 20th Century. That doesn't mean we discount that portion of their career, but we are looking for the greatest players of the 19th Century. Please keep that in mind.

2. Please come up with a 25-man roster plus 15 reserves. There are no positional requirements other than to have at least one player at each defensive position. Please use players at positions where they actually played a reasonable portion of their career. (25 games at catcher does not qualify one at catcher, sorry.) I'm not going to set a minimum number (or percentage) of games at a position, but please use common sense here.

3. Feel free to include black players, Cuban players, etc. if you honestly feel one or more should make the cut.

Last, but not least, have fun with this!

"It is a simple matter to erect a Hall of Fame, but difficult to select the tenants." -- Ken Smith
    "I am led to suspect that some of the electorate is very dumb." -- Henry P. Edwards
    "You have a Hall of Fame to put people in, not keep people out." -- Brian Kenny
    "There's no such thing as a perfect ballot." -- Jay Jaffe

My 25-Player Roster
    Pitchers - John Clarkson, Tim Keefe, Kid Nichols, Charley Radbourn, Cy Young
    Catchers - Buck Ewing, Deacon White
    First Basemen - Cap Anson, Dan Brouthers, Roger Connor
    Second Basemen - Ross Barnes, Bid McPhee
    Third Basemen - John McGraw
    Shortstops - George Davis, Jack Glasscock, George Wright
    Left Fielders - Jesse Burkett, Ed Delahanty, Jim O'Rourke, Harry Stovey
    Center Fielders - Billy Hamilton, Paul Hines, Lip Pike
    Right Fielders - King Kelly, Sam Thompson

My 15-Player Reserves
    P - Tommy Bond, Clark Griffith, Al Spalding
    C - Cal McVey
    1B - Jake Beckley, Joe Start
    2B - Cupid Childs, Frank Grant, Hardy Richardson
    3B - Ezra Sutton
    SS - Bill Dahlen, Hughie Jennings
    LF - Charley Jones
    CF - Pete Browning, George Gore
    Last edited by Chadwick; 08-23-2021, 12:35 PM.
    "It is a simple matter to erect a Hall of Fame, but difficult to select the tenants." -- Ken Smith
    "I am led to suspect that some of the electorate is very dumb." -- Henry P. Edwards
    "You have a Hall of Fame to put people in, not keep people out." -- Brian Kenny
    "There's no such thing as a perfect ballot." -- Jay Jaffe

Comment

Nice idea! Can't wait to set it up!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X