No announcement yet.

What team does this cap belong to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to confirm what New Era already told you, I checked the Cooperstown Ballcap Co. catalog, which documents virtually every known cap, and the 1941 Louisville Colonels cap matches exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by Kentucky Bomber View Post
      Just to confirm what New Era already told you, I checked the Cooperstown Ballcap Co. catalog, which documents virtually every known cap, and the 1941 Louisville Colonels cap matches exactly.
      Awesome! I'm sure that the thread starter will be relieved to read that!
      Click here to see my autographed 8x10 collection

Comment

Originally posted by Kentucky Bomber View Post
        That a little league team, too? :choke:
        Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
        Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
        Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
        Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
        Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

What team does this cap belong to?

Originally posted by Captain Cold Nose View Post
          That a little league team, too? :choke:
          Here's where I was going with this: the question about this cap was placed in the "19th Century Baseball" topic. There is no way that this is a cap from that time period. New Era began in 1920, and when they started up it is uncertain whether they even produced baseball caps until just a little bit later. I believe New Era only began labeling their baseball cap products in 1954 (first with the Brooklyn Dodgers) as prior to that would produce caps for Wilson, Rawlings, etc.

More can be learned in identifying this cap (or at least weeding out the possibilities) if there was a little more detail: where is the person who owned the cap from? what type of sweatband is inside (cloth, vinyl, leather)? is the undervisor green or grey? are there any additional identifying marks on the cap? are the eyelets metal or sewn (the image appears to show sewn eyelets)? is the closure on the cap adjustable (elastic, plastic tab, etc.), or fitted?
          God created baseball; it's scriptural: "In the big inning..." (Genesis 1:1)

Comment

I am almost positive it is the Louisville Eclipse, National League, 1876 - 1877

Comment

Originally posted by docsilvereagle View Post
              I am almost positive it is the Louisville Eclipse, National League, 1876 - 1877
              This cap appears to be much too sturdy to have been worn in the 19th century. From what I have read, those caps were much 'floppier' than their more modern counterparts. They were made in such a way as to make it easy to slip into a player's back pocket. This cap is standing up on its own. It seems to me that if this were a 19th century cap, it would be much more worn, faded and/or.... well, floppy.
              Always go to other people's funerals, otherwise they won't come to yours. - Yogi Berra

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X