Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More Little League Nonsense

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • More Little League Nonsense

    Did anyone catch the highlights of the game between Staten Island and the team from Georgia? A player from Georgia was on 2nd base stealing signs and when he eventually scored, ended up trash talking the catcher. So the next time he comes up, the pitcher throws at his head (just missing) and after he strikes out, the catcher holds up the ball to his face and starts trash talking back. Fast forward to the end of the game, that kid ends up on 2nd again, steals signs again, and ends up scoring the winning run and of course proceeds to trash talk again. What the hell is going on here? It's bad enough when major leaguers act this way, but it's disgusting when kids do. I remember hitting a home run in the Little League playoffs and the kids on the other team actually high-fived me as I rounded the bases. Does that kind of sportsmanship ever happen today? If I had a kid I'm not so sure I'd want him or her to be participating in a league that looks the other way at this nonsense.

  • #2
    That's crazy! If I did anything like that, my coach would bench me. The other team shouldn't throw at the kid's head though. Were the umpires aware of this? Did they even say anything?
    GOT ALBERT?
    St. Louis Cardinals BBFTG Website
    http://www.freewebs.com/bbftg6/

    Comment


    • #3
      He stole signs. The other team threw up and in on him as a result. Issue solved.


      And if you want to see sportsmanship, during the KSA/Saipan game, each team had one hit batter and the batter and pitcher shook hands after it happened on each side.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Gashouse6
        That's crazy! If I did anything like that, my coach would bench me. The other team shouldn't throw at the kid's head though. Were the umpires aware of this? Did they even say anything?
        I only saw the highlights on SNY, so I'm not sure if the ump warned him.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by flash143817
          He stole signs. The other team threw up and in on him as a result. Issue solved.
          The issue wasn't solved as he continued to steal signs and trashed talked even more later on. If I was the ump I wouldve thrown Roger Clemens Jr. out and gave the sign-stealing/trash-talking kid one warning to shut his trap or else hed get the boot too.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Toy Boat
            Did anyone catch the highlights of the game between Staten Island and the team from Georgia? A player from Georgia was on 2nd base stealing signs and when he eventually scored, ended up trash talking the catcher. So the next time he comes up, the pitcher throws at his head (just missing) and after he strikes out, the catcher holds up the ball to his face and starts trash talking back. Fast forward to the end of the game, that kid ends up on 2nd again, steals signs again, and ends up scoring the winning run and of course proceeds to trash talk again. What the hell is going on here? It's bad enough when major leaguers act this way, but it's disgusting when kids do. I remember hitting a home run in the Little League playoffs and the kids on the other team actually high-fived me as I rounded the bases. Does that kind of sportsmanship ever happen today? If I had a kid I'm not so sure I'd want him or her to be participating in a league that looks the other way at this nonsense.

            This is totally and completely the fault of the players coaching staff. Kids see this type of stuff on TV where players are making their career as a professional. It is the responsiblity of the parents and coaches to make sure this stuff doesn't happen at the amature level, period.

            If a player steals signs at my level, the next hitter WILL be drilled and it won't stop until they do. This should never happen at the little league level.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Toy Boat
              The issue wasn't solved as he continued to steal signs and trashed talked even more later on. If I was the ump I wouldve thrown Roger Clemens Jr. out and gave the sign-stealing/trash-talking kid one warning to shut his trap or else hed get the boot too.
              Then it is on the coaches to control their own players. Tell the kid to quit it, or he rides the bench. I'm pretty sure the kid would get the picture if the coach said that.

              Comment

              Ad Widget

              Collapse
              Working...
              X