Set aside a thread for College Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Set aside a thread for College Baseball

Alot of us on the West Coat follow College Baseball as much as pro baseball. Fans of baseball in the South I believe are the same and before the 2006 College Baseball season kicks off I believe we should set a fourm aside for a converstation on he history and present of college baseball.

This is as viable an idea as any of the new forums we've had the last year, especially with an abundance of college-aged users.
    Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
    Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
    Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
    Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
    Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Cold Nose
      This is as viable an idea as any of the new forums we've had the last year, especially with an abundance of college-aged users.
      Why not a thread called Canadian Bseball?
      Cristobal

Comment

Originally posted by wilkerson_rulz
        Why not a thread called Canadian Bseball?
        Canadian baseball perfectly fits in International baseball. College Baseball doesn't neatly fit in any category so much.
        Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Cold Nose
          Canadian baseball perfectly fits in International baseball. College Baseball doesn't neatly fit in any category so much.
          How are canadians ''international''?
          Compared to who?
          Cristobal

Comment

Originally posted by wilkerson_rulz
            How are canadians ''international''?
            Compared to who?
            What exactly are you referring to when you say Canadian baseball? Are you talking about independent leagues, etc that play exclusively in Canada? Then that would be no different than the discussions going on about baseball in Cuba, the DR, etc.
            Are you referring to the Expos and Blue Jays? They have their own forums.
            Should Canadian baseball be treated at the same level as Japanese baseball or the Negro Leagues, with their very distinct histories? I don't know. Perhaps you can explain why Canada baseball doesn't fit in anywhere else.
            Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Ther is nothing on the board that posters can post about college baseball or even in the Northeast about the Cape Cod league. An amatur baseball thread not just about College Baseball but also the baseball draft in June rating of players. Little league World Series, high school and college baseball and also the Cape Cod league.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake83
                Ther is nothing on the board that posters can post about college baseball or even in the Northeast about the Cape Cod league. An amatur baseball thread not just about College Baseball but also the baseball draft in June rating of players. Little league World Series, high school and college baseball and also the Cape Cod league.
                Note to wilkerson. If you want a Canadian forum, start a new thread with similar rationale like the post I quoted above. This is how you're supposed to propose a new forum.
                Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

i'd like a college baseball forum, i don't know a ton about it and i would like to learn more.

Comment

I believe that if we were to have a college baseball forum, we would also have to include HS, LL, etc. I think this would be a great idea, but feel that it should go under the title "Amateur & Youth Baseball", since that's what they are.
                    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Mattingly
                      I believe that if we were to have a college baseball forum, we would also have to include HS, LL, etc. I think this would be a great idea, but feel that it should go under the title "Amateur & Youth Baseball", since that's what they are.

Amateur baseball because that can include numerous other topics. It can be use to spread the knowledge of amateur baseball because a forum not available for that now.

Comment

Amateur baseball because that can include numerous other topics. It can be use to spread the knowledge of amateur baseball because a forum not available for that now.
                        I've never really followed the College or Little League World Series, nor have I followed HS baseball. If these could be covered properly, then I believe that this will add to the overall intelligence of depth of baseball discussion featured here.
                        Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

Has anyone brought this idea in front of Sean yet.

Comment

Has anyone brought this idea in front of Sean yet.
                            This is the forum where he'd see this. It takes time.

The Negro League forum began in a thread right here in this forum, but it doesn't happen instantly. Patience is a virtue in these things.

Thanks.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X