Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bridgewater State wins 57-1!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bridgewater State wins 57-1!

    Wow! :disbelief:

    Bridgewater State College is located in Bridegewater, just south of Boston.

    Newbury College, located in Brookline, just outside of Boston, recently made the move to NCAA Div III.

    http://www.bridgew.edu/athletics/dir...ts/bscbb14.htm

  • #2
    Wow indeed.

    And in only 6 1/2 innings. Biggest blowout I can recall is when South Carolina beat Charleston Southern 38-0 a couple of years ago.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Dirt Dog View Post
      Newbury College, located in Brookline, just outside of Boston, recently made the move to NCAA Div III.

      http://www.bridgew.edu/athletics/dir...ts/bscbb14.htm
      It looks like they weren't quite ready yet
      Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
      Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

      Comment


      • #4
        My old high school actually beat another school 32-0 today. I heard they batted around twice in the first and replaced every starter but the pitcher and catcher after the second.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Dirt Dog View Post
          Wow! :disbelief:

          Bridgewater State College is located in Bridegewater, just south of Boston.

          Newbury College, located in Brookline, just outside of Boston, recently made the move to NCAA Div III.

          http://www.bridgew.edu/athletics/dir...ts/bscbb14.htm
          That is the equivalent to 399-7 in football!

          Brownie31

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by RuthMayBond View Post
            It looks like they weren't quite ready yet
            That's the understatement of the year!
            My Top 4 funniest BBF posts ever:

            1) "plZ dOn;t' pOsT LikE tHIs n e mOr!"

            2) "The teams play 1962 games in 180 days."

            3) "Stadiums don't move silly, people do."

            4) "Once again you quibble, because it is I who speaks."

            5) Almost anything RuthMayBond says...

            Comment


            • #7
              When I was a freshman we lost 43-0 and they called it after the 4th inning

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by jrh31584 View Post
                Wow indeed.

                And in only 6 1/2 innings. Biggest blowout I can recall is when South Carolina beat Charleston Southern 38-0 a couple of years ago.
                Yack! I was signed to go play a couple sports (one being baseball) at Charleston Southern in '05, but ended up not going. Seems like a good choice now.
                Originally posted by Domenic
                The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Brownie31 View Post
                  That is the equivalent to 399-7 in football!

                  Brownie31
                  What team was that?
                  Aaron Rowand: ANOTHER SEASON IN PHILLY! CRASH, NUMBER 33, CRASH!

                  I dare you to bunt on me. Seriously. Do it. You'll be out faster than you can swing the bat

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by punker268 View Post
                    What team was that?
                    Well, if you don't allow for the extra point, it would be 342-6!

                    Brownie31

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Westlake View Post
                      Yack! I was signed to go play a couple sports (one being baseball) at Charleston Southern in '05, but ended up not going. Seems like a good choice now.
                      According to the NCAA record book, it was in 2004 and is tied for the largest shutout victory over a team currently in Division I since they began keeping records of these things in 1957.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Bridgewater State wins 57-1.

                        What kind of pathetic coach would do that. Totally clueless. wonder what lesson was taught that day. The Bridgewater coach should be repremanded.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by jrh31584 View Post
                          According to the NCAA record book, it was in 2004 and is tied for the largest shutout victory over a team currently in Division I since they began keeping records of these things in 1957.
                          Ah ok. Hm, I wonder why it never came up ith the coach!
                          Originally posted by Domenic
                          The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

                          Comment

                          Ad Widget

                          Collapse
                          Working...
                          X