The road to the College World Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The road to the College World Series

If anyone has anything to post about the College World Series and its progress, please post it here.

At Rutgers, 2 Players Complete Little Circle
    Amid the celebration after the final out of the 1998 Little League World Series, Todd Frazier and Casey Gaynor shared a thought: It does not get any better than this. Nine years after they led Toms River, N.J., to a Little League championship, they are finding out that maybe it does.

Frazier and Gaynor are again combining their talents, this time as they try to lead Rutgers to the College World Series. Rutgers is tied for second place in the Big East Conference with a 13-5 record and is 27-16 over all after yesterday’s 6-1 victory against Lafayette. And the play of Frazier and Gaynor is one reason the Scarlet Knights are among the better teams in the Northeast.

Frazier, a junior shortstop who is expected to be a first-round pick in Major League Baseball’s draft in June, has broken the team’s season and career records for home runs. Gaynor, an improving freshman pitcher, is part of a solid starting rotation and has been a steady on presence on the mound. He is 2-2 with a 4.75 earned run average.

“Todd is an excellent athlete who can do everything on a baseball diamond you need to do to be successful,” Rutgers Coach Fred Hill said. “Casey is just a freshman, but he’s done a good job for us so far and there’s no telling how far he can go. The ceiling is quite high for him. When you’ve had the experiences these two have had, there are no problems with pressure. That’s something they’ve handled already.”

Frazier homered in Toms River’s 12-9 victory against Kashima, Japan, in the Little League championship game and struck out a batter to end the game. He hit .600 during the series. Gaynor, one of only two 11-year-olds on the team, also hit a home run in the final game. His father, Mike, was the team’s coach. David Williams, Rutgers’s leading hitter with a .416 average, was among the thousands of fans jammed into the tiny stadium in Williamsport, Pa.
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Nothing new to report yet, but I can't wait for the WS to start. Keep an eye out for the University of San Diego. They will be a sleeper pick to get their.
    Check out my site devoted to the greatness of college summer leagues.

Comment

I go to UCLA and they're playing decent right now. At the start of the year they had one of the toughest schedules in baseball. They struggled at first but are on fire lately against PAC 10 teams. I still don't think they'll go all that far though.

Their #1 pitcher, Tyson Brummett is pretty good and was drafted by SF twice. He's pitched quite a few CGs this year and will probably be drafted again this year.

Comment

At South Carolina, we've stumbled a bit down the stretch, including giving up an 8-run lead at Alabama on Sunday. Our schedule will ease up a bit, as our last three SEC opponents are below .500 in the conference, and two of the series are at home. We still have a fairly good shot at being the #3 seed in the SEC tournament, which we would probably have to win to get a national seed.

Comment

2007 regional brackets

http://www.ncaasports.com/baseball/m...cial64/2007/DI

Comment

The University of Michigan Wolverines have defeated the #1 overall seed Vanderbilt Commodores today. It's double elimination so Vandy is still alive. As a Michigan fan, that's great news.

Comment

Texas, Creighton, and Nebraska all bowed out in regionals (thank god)

More tickets for me.

Comment

Should have posted this a while back, but:
                Michigan has stunned the #1 overall seed (again) and they're through to the Super Regionals. Every "expert" bracket I saw had Vandy. Also, Michigan won the game by hitting a HR off of Vandy's ace (I forgot his name) who was unbeaten on the season and is often projected as the #1 overall pick.

Hail! to the victors valiant
                (Michigan fans know the rest)

Comment

rice

Ive got my money on the owls to take home the crown. whats eveyone else think??
                  ive heard a lot of people like arizona st, liek on the poll on cstv.com 's champinship central thing. but i got faith in rice, but check out what the experts think about it on that site

Comment

Hi, I know that the CWS games are being played on ESPN channels in the USA, but does anybody know if any games will be relayed on to a Canadian channel or any digital Canadian channels?? Thanks so much.
                    Minor League Teams fan!
                    Favourite baseball teams....

Oakland Athletics - MLB
                    Vancouver Canadians - Northwest League
                    Venados de Mazatlan - Mexican Pacific League
                    Winnipeg Goldeyes - Northern League (independent)
                    University of British Columbia Thunderbirds- NAIA
                    ~~Tyler~~

Comment

Another choke by the Longhorns in front of their home crowd. Can we play the tournament in college station next time?
                      Originally posted by Domenic
                      The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X