The Good News Nighthawks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Good News Nighthawks

I'm not sure if anyone heard about the D-III Newbury Nighthawks being beat 57-1 by Bridgewater State. But, this team is quite unique, they are in their first year of NCAA play and have a 23 year old head coach.

Article from ESPN: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...t&lid=tab2pos1
    2nd member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club

I look at that type of situation as an embarassment to the university. Are we supposed to believe that their 23-year old coach is the best they could hire? There must be someone else in the greater Brookline (read Boston) area that would have been a better candidate. Fielding that type of team makes a travesty of the greatest game on earth. Why wouldn't they wait to begin play until they can find someone qualified to coach them or perhaps also attract several student-athletes to the school with some baseball skill. I hope no knowledgeable baseball person read that article and felt one ounce of empathy or pity for the university or the team. It sounds as if they fielded a team simply for the sake of saying that they had a NCAA-affiliated baseball program. Oh, and shame on the NCAA for allowing them to participate.
    "I became a good pitcher when I stopped trying to make them miss the ball and started trying to make them hit it." - Sandy Koufax.

"My name is Yasiel Puig. I am from Cuba. I am 21 years old. Thank you."

Comment

Actually, after rereading the article, I completely have changed my tune. It is a game after all, so let them play and have fun. I credit both the players and the coaching staff for keeping it loose and playing each out of each game to their fullest. Boy do I feel better. I apologize to anyone I've offended for my previous careless post.
      Last edited by bhss89; 05-15-2007, 08:32 PM.
      "I became a good pitcher when I stopped trying to make them miss the ball and started trying to make them hit it." - Sandy Koufax.

Comment

Lastly, SHAME of Bridgewater College for beating a team 57-1.

Coach Kendall, you're a jackass.

Perhaps we can have a chat on your reasoning for making a travesty of the game, such as you did against Newbury, at the next ABCA Convention.

Very classy that the Newbury score is omitted on your Schedule/Results page. 21 years, multiple conference titles, and some CoY awards to boot, and you pull crap like this? Wow.

Sleep well and best wishes to you and your team in tomorrow's Regional.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X