I can't be the kid I want to be.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't be the kid I want to be.

Usually when stuff is going good for me I play with a strong heart like my idol, David Eckstein. But if anything outside of baseball is bothering me it causes me to lose my temper and play terribly. For instance last game I was pitching and this kid who was about 5'7 12 years old hit a shot right to my head but I moved away in time. So I threw at the next better, but I missed. So I just decided to pitch to him. Later I gave a nasty glare at my catcher when he was just trying to help me. And when ever I get it I seem to uncontrollably lose it all. I think the problem isn't horomones, it's just somthing in my past.
    Last edited by Francoeurstein; 06-08-2007, 09:19 PM. Reason: other stuff
    Rest in Peace Jose Fernandez (1992-2016)

Originally posted by JeffFrancoeur7 View Post
    Usually when stuff is going good for me I play with a strong heart like my idol, David Eckstein. But if anything outside of baseball is bothering me it causes me to lose my temper and play terribly. For instance last game I was pitching and this kid who was about 5'7 12 years old hit a shot right to my head but I moved away in time. So I threw at the next better, but I missed. So I just decided to pitch to him. Later I gave a nasty glare at my catcher when he was just trying to help me. And when ever I get it I seem to uncontrollably lose it all. I think the problem isn't horomones, it's just somthing in my past.

You threw at a kid because someone almost hit you with a liner? There was no way that was intentional, JF. Just slow down, stop and think before you do something, and try to go out and have fun and smile. Think about how lucky you are to be playing the greatest game in the world in the greatest country in the world. A lot of kids in other countries would kill to just play on a real diamond with real gloves instead of sock lined rocks and milk cartons.

Comment

I have a friend that when he gets frustrated, he actually hits better. Try to channel that anger into better production. Just try to focus on the game and you should be okay.
      1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

1904 1946 1967 1975 1986

1975 1986 1988 1990 1995 2007

Comment

First of all you need to remove the word can't from your vocabulary. The fact you get upset about things not going your way shows that you care and shows you have passion and heart. What bostonredsox1975 advised you to do is something you should focus on. You aren't going to throw a perfect game or a no hitter every time out, you know that, but you still no matter what happens, want to win the game. Have patience don't lose sight of what you are trying to accomplish on the mound, the best pitchers in the game make mistakes every time out, what makes them special is them staying composed and focused on what they are trying to do.

Comment

Originally posted by ARISTOCRAT View Post
          First of all you need to remove the word can't from your vocabulary. The fact you get upset about things not going your way shows that you care and shows you have passion and heart. What bostonredsox1975 advised you to do is something you should focus on. You aren't going to throw a perfect game or a no hitter every time out, you know that, but you still no matter what happens, want to win the game. Have patience don't lose sight of what you are trying to accomplish on the mound, the best pitchers in the game make mistakes every time out, what makes them special is them staying composed and focused on what they are trying to do.
          \

Thanks guys I think that stuff, but I cannot control myself

Comment

\

Get help BEFORE you kill someone.

Bob

Comment

\

Keep doing that and your coach will control you, by putting you on the bench. That kind of stuff is only detrimental to the team and your teammates.
              Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
              Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
              Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
              Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
              Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Originally posted by bostonredsox1975 View Post
                I have a friend that when he gets frustrated, he actually hits better. Try to channel that anger into better production. Just try to focus on the game and you should be okay.

I am a starter/closer for my HS team. When I close, I channel the anger and aggression from the week into throwing it past the guy. Of course, I can't do that as a starter (Have to go at least 5 or 6, otherwise I will lose my spot in the rotation) b/c I have to last. If you can't control it, Baseball is probably not the sport for you. I don't know you personally, but if this is really a problem, try football or something. I'm not telling you to quit, but try something else. It might help.
                The 5th Member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club:
                WITH:
                PureBaseballFan
                Atlanta Braves Freak
                SamtheBravesFan
                AznInvasion

sigpic

Comment

I taught my son to forget about the last play and do his best on the next play. When you think about it, you'll try to over-compensate and make another error. I also taught him to show no emotion when he pitches. This means no looks at the right fielder that ran up on an easy fly only for it to drop right behind him. It means no glares at the umpire for the beautiful knee high strike. It means not caring that he hit the previous batter, nor the for the homerun that he might give up. Knock on wood, he has not given up a homerun in three years. Yesterday, he showed no emotion when he struck out an all-conference high school player (that can hit 400 foot bombs) from a local power house high school on 4 pitches, all fastballs.

Comment

Im sorry guys but last year my dad umm..

But I try not to let it affect my game I LOVE BASEBALL.

I only have like 2 or 3 games a season like that most of the time I carry a strong heart because I need too to get far. Yall probably got a bad impression of me but I'm really a good kid.

Comment

I only have like 2 or 3 games a season like that most of the time I carry a strong heart because I need too to get far. Yall probably got a bad impression of me but I'm really a good kid.
                      Your father is smiling down on you every time you take the field.

Comment

Hey Jeff,

I'm am very sorry to hear about your father. I am sure that he is watching over you and is proud of you. As others have said just try to control your anger and channel it into something positive. Don't let little things bother. For a young man such as yourself, you will have forgotten about little disagreements with your teamates as times go by. I know that I cherish my memories of playing ball years ago. Make sure to enjoy yourself. Baseball is a game and it should be fun. Anyway, buddy, take care of yourself, and I wish you the best of luck. Go get em son.

Your Friend,
                        Charles

p.s. If you ever need someone to talk to, feel free to pm me at any time.
                        "I never saw anyone like Ty Cobb. No one even close to him. He was the greatest all time ballplayer. That guy was superhuman, amazing."
                        -Casey Stengel

Comment

I don't have a bad impression of you. You are a kid with raging growth hormones that are telling you that you need to take out any kid that may try to take away your idea of a hot chick. You want to battle. Control those hormones to your advantage. My son was trained over time to control those hormonal impulses. Unfortunately, there is a clip somewhere on YouTube of him precisely taking out a Lacrosse player during school hours.

Comment

My deepest condolences to the loss of your father. But if you feel you can't be the person you want to be, please don't become the person you don't want to be.

There's a kid in my town who lost his father a year ago, and is now staring at life in prison after shooting someone. Please seek help before you hurt yourself or someone else on or off the field.

The AARP website has a great list of organizations that can help you:

http://www.aarp.org/families/grief_l...community.html

I know they're an organization for the elderly, they do help the families as well.

Your local hospital or church very likely would help you find help. Perhaps set up an appointment with a psychiatrist, a little bit of medication can go a long way in helping you regain control.

Just reach out to someone, you'll be amazed at how many hands are willing to reach back. Just look at the number of people here on this site who want you to do well and want to help. Please, we're all on your side.
                            Religion: Yankeeist

"Hanging out with him sucks because all the women flock to him. Let's see, he's been on the cover of GQ, is rich and famous, hits for average and power and is a helluva nice guy." - Tim Raines on Derek Jeter

Comment

Originally posted by RubeBaker View Post
                              My deepest condolences to the loss of your father. But if you feel you can't be the person you want to be, please don't become the person you don't want to be.

There's a kid in my town who lost his father a year ago, and is now staring at life in prison after shooting someone. Please seek help before you hurt yourself or someone else on or off the field.

The AARP website has a great list of organizations that can help you:

http://www.aarp.org/families/grief_l...community.html

I know they're an organization for the elderly, they do help the families as well.

Your local hospital or church very likely would help you find help. Perhaps set up an appointment with a psychiatrist, a little bit of medication can go a long way in helping you regain control.

Just reach out to someone, you'll be amazed at how many hands are willing to reach back. Just look at the number of people here on this site who want you to do well and want to help. Please, we're all on your side.

Funny thing about that medication, psychiatrists still prescribe antidepressants even though there are studies showing a higher incidence of suicide in teens and young adults that take the medication, versus those that don't take the medication, but do go for counseling.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X