No announcement yet.

I can't be the kid I want to be.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Listen, JF, I lost my dad 13 years ago when I was 37 and it hurt like hell. Today, on Father's Day, I still got a little melancholy that I couldn't call him and tell him how much I loved him. The same thing with Mother's Day, since she passed a couple of years ago...the point is, the pain and everything else you feel is natural. It's part of the grieving process, and it takes time....and at your age, it's even more difficult, so cut yourself some slack.
    It sounds like maybe you're angry about your dad passing, and you are taking that anger out on kids who just want to play ball, same as you, even though they did nothing wrong. Find a coach, teacher, or someone you like and trust to talk to, and KEEP talking to them..not just one and done. You sound like a good kid with a good future-don't throw away that good past with your dad or ruin the future with one senseless act. Just remember that we are all powerless over a great many things in life, and accept those as a part of life, and get busy living the life your dad wanted for you.

Comment

Originally posted by randy View Post
      Listen, JF, I lost my dad 13 years ago when I was 37 and it hurt like hell. Today, on Father's Day, I still got a little melancholy that I couldn't call him and tell him how much I loved him. The same thing with Mother's Day, since she passed a couple of years ago...the point is, the pain and everything else you feel is natural. It's part of the grieving process, and it takes time....and at your age, it's even more difficult, so cut yourself some slack.
      It sounds like maybe you're angry about your dad passing, and you are taking that anger out on kids who just want to play ball, same as you, even though they did nothing wrong. Find a coach, teacher, or someone you like and trust to talk to, and KEEP talking to them..not just one and done. You sound like a good kid with a good future-don't throw away that good past with your dad or ruin the future with one senseless act. Just remember that we are all powerless over a great many things in life, and accept those as a part of life, and get busy living the life your dad wanted for you.

Oh man you have a harder life than me besides my father my life is near perfect. I feel bad. TOday's fathers day and it tears me up this is my second one without celebrating.
      Rest in Peace Jose Fernandez (1992-2016)

Comment

My grandfather died during my dad's freshman year of college. My dad got so depressed, and, coupled with the fact that he was a small-town New Brunswick kid going to college in Boston, he thought he was going to drop out. My grandmother talked him into staying, and in his senior year, he met my mom. They eventually got married, moved to Toronto, and had three kids (one of which was me). Point is, you're going to be sad. You're going to feel like it's not fair. You're going to get angry. Just don't do anything that can ruin your future, because something good will usually come your way.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Bedard View Post
          My grandfather died during my dad's freshman year of college. My dad got so depressed, and, coupled with the fact that he was a small-town New Brunswick kid going to college in Boston, he thought he was going to drop out. My grandmother talked him into staying, and in his senior year, he met my mom. They eventually got married, moved to Toronto, and had three kids (one of which was me). Point is, you're going to be sad. You're going to feel like it's not fair. You're going to get angry. Just don't do anything that can ruin your future, because something good will usually come your way.
          Thanks man! I have been known to have a strong heart.
          Rest in Peace Jose Fernandez (1992-2016)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X