Bat Speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bat Speed

I play on a competitive 13U team and am looking to improve my bat speed. Are their any suggested programs or drills that you have?
    Thanks.

swing a bat...alot

Comment

Originally posted by BaseballLuva101 View Post
      I play on a competitive 13U team and am looking to improve my bat speed. Are their any suggested programs or drills that you have?
      Thanks.
      One I've done in the past is to have someone sit behind you and throw up wiffle balls to hit. This is supposed to help bat speed because you have to catch up to the balls as they move away from you.

Just for the record I'm not an expert on these things so if anybody better informed has anything to say on this come foreward.
      Greystones Mariners Baseball Club. The oldest baseball club in Ireland. 16 years and still going strong.

www.greystonesbaseball.org

Comment

Donut, holding bat up straight on with one hand to build stamina and muscle, choke up
        http://leaguelineup.com/lakeeriepira...OGONOBACK1.jpg

Comment

Bat Speed

Bat speed is your key to hitting success. I don't know your size or strength, but I would suggest using a bat somewhere around 31" long and 26 or 27 ounces heavy. Make sure the bat has an "evenly disrtibuted" feel to it. Don't use a bat that feels like is has too much weight near the end of it. As for drills, the best is to have someone throw you soft toss. If there's no one around get a machine that will do it. Hit like you normally would, but switch it up some by using your rear arm only. If you're right handed this would be your right arm. Get yourself a batting tee to hit off of. You should try to shorten your swing by crowding the tee a little more than you would crowd the plate off a live pitcher. A short swing is a quick swing. Try to get video of your swing as you're doing your hitting drills. Finally, read yourself some books on hitting. This will help you. Always remember, if you hit the ball hard and low it's a lot more work for the opposing team than if you hit long fly balls. Good luck!:atthepc

Comment

lift weights
            choke up a little bit
            donut
            I saw this parachute thing you put on your bat at sports authority that is supposed to help but I ahvent tried it
            Middle Infielder

Comment

Originally posted by Tanner View Post
              I saw this parachute thing you put on your bat at sports authority that is supposed to help but I haven't tried it
              Cheap way out: Nail a towel into the end of a old wood bat.

Comment

Maybe a change of batting stance can help too.

I have changed mine.

I always hated to bat vs fast ball pitchers. But since I have changed my stance, I love to bat with them on the mound.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X