College Summer Leagues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Summer Leagues

I recently went to a summer college league game, the New York Collegiate Baseball League (Little Falls Diamond Miners vs Amsterdam Mohawks), and was wondering how the players are chosen to play in these summer leagues?
    Lets Go Yankees, Valley Cats, Dutchmen, UT Spartans and ECU Pirates.

Depending on which one they play in. The ones held in higher regard (Northwoods or Cape Cod) usually invite guys, but there are tryouts held and if you have contacts (I.E. a hookup) you can get in.

Others you just kind of sign up for, or some send blanket letters to colleges all over looking for players.

There are tons of leagues and almost all are always looking for bodies. It's not that hard to find a league.

Comment

Originally posted by Biggtone23 View Post
      I recently went to a summer college league game, the New York Collegiate Baseball League (Little Falls Diamond Miners vs Amsterdam Mohawks), and was wondering how the players are chosen to play in these summer leagues?
      If the player isn't recruited to play, often he can tryout with a recommendation from his college coach.

Comment

Both posters are correct. Just about every league will often send out invites, with the Cape Cod, Alaskan, Northwoods and Texas Collegiate Leagues being more or less the "top leagues" that attract players. The leagues also rely on "hometown" players, meaning the Texas Collegiate League will try real hard to keep players from Texas in state each summer.
        Check out my site devoted to the greatness of college summer leagues.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X