15 AVG. Size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15 AVG. Size

I was just wondering what all of you guys thought is a normal size of a 15 year old player. I am on a Travel Team and I seem to be on the smaller size of the guys I play with at only 5'9" 131 lbs. I really haven't done much growing yet and I was wondering what the average size is your area. Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by baseballer6 View Post
    I was just wondering what all of you guys thought is a normal size of a 15 year old player. I am on a Travel Team and I seem to be on the smaller size of the guys I play with at only 5'9" 131 lbs. I really haven't done much growing yet and I was wondering what the average size is your area. Thanks in advance.
    Most of our 15 and 16-yr old baseball players are around 5' 10", 150 lbs. Don't let your size hinder your desire to become a better player. You probably are not going to grow much more.
    "He's tougher than a railroad sandwich."
    "You'se Got The Eye Of An Eagle."

Comment

I don't know my dad was a late bloomer not really reaching his full height(6'1") until he was about 18 and my mom's no shrimp either at 5'10" I just think I'm a late bloomer like my dad. I was about 5'7" in January anyway. I was just wondering if I'm below average size other places besides my area. Even if i don't grow much more you are still right there are plenty of pros under 5'10", look at Chris Cates of Louisville. He was the starting shortstop, and he got drafted and he's only 5'3".

Comment

I don't know my dad was a late bloomer not really reaching his full height(6'1") until he was about 18 and my mom's no shrimp either at 5'10" I just think I'm a late bloomer like my dad. I was about 5'7" in January anyway. I was just wondering if I'm below average size other places besides my area. Even if i don't grow much more you are still right there are plenty of pros under 5'10", look at Chris Cates of Louisville. He was the starting shortstop, and he got drafted and he's only 5'3".
        And Dustin Pedroia is listed at a very kind 5'9.

Comment

The average male's height in the Netherlands is 6' 1" and their females' average is 5' 10". The average US male's height is 5' 10" so you are right about average since you may grow another inch or two. You could grow a lot more if you have your father's genes and don't stop until you are 18. I think I grew an inch when I was 18.

Some of our best ballplayers here are 5' 7" to 5' 9" and hit lots of line drives for extra bases. They have made me into a believer that size matters little in baseball at least at the HS level. Most of our high school athletes are less than 6' tall.

Comment

Boys will more than often grow to be 6-8 inches taller than their mother. Do you have maternal uncles or a grandfather who's 6'3", 6'4"? Do you have an older brother or sister who's tall? I'm 6'1". Mom is 5'8". We have a 5'10" daughter. My son is fourteen and 5'7" with size twelve feet. The pediatrician predicts he'll be 6'1" to 6'4". His uncles and grandfathers are all 6'2" to 6'4". I'm the shorty at 6'1". I must have got some of grandma's 5'2" genes.

Comment

Yea I have 3 uncles who are my dad's brothers all over 6 feet. One is 6'4" another is 6'3" and the other is 6'1" like my dad. On my mom's side of the family she has two cousins who are 6'3" and the other is 6'5". I also have big feet for not being to tall with size 11's when I could have started wearing my dad's shoes (9's) when I was 13. And I'm an only child. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyK View Post
                ...They have made me into a believer that size matters little in baseball at least at the HS level. Most of our high school athletes are less than 6' tall.
                man, im the third shortest player on my team at 5'11"...

Comment

Originally posted by cubsphill View Post
                  man, im the third shortest player on my team at 5'11"...
                  If you transfer to my son's HS you might be the third tallest player instead. See I guess it all depends on how large your school enrollment is and what part of the country you live in.

My HS class had 561 kids in it so I was lucky to make any Varsity teams. But we have rural schools here that are K-12 in the same building and only 25 kids per class. 8th Graders sometimes make the Varsity baseball team if they need some players.

Comment

Wow i must be really short i am 15 and 5'6. :silent:

Comment

My HS class had 561 kids in it so I was lucky to make any Varsity teams. But we have rural schools here that are K-12 in the same building and only 25 kids per class. 8th Graders sometimes make the Varsity baseball team if they need some players.
                      My high school class had 1500 kids. The high school had 4500 in three grades. It was one of the largest high schools in the country. It's funny to think my kid's high school is in the large school classification with a little over 2000 kids in four grades.

Comment

Don't worry bro. You're the same exact size as me. I'm 5'9" 131 and your age. I've been told by the doctor that I have one more good growth spirt in me to get me around 6'2". Just to let you know, you're already taller than the average man. You probably have alittle bit of growing to do, but you are in definition a little bit below average for an athlete. Mainly becuase of weight. I'm trying to bulk up (muscle) my self.

Comment

Originally posted by TG Coach View Post
                          My high school class had 1500 kids. The high school had 4500 in three grades. It was one of the largest high schools in the country. It's funny to think my kid's high school is in the large school classification with a little over 2000 kids in four grades.
                          That must have helped prepare you for the college campus. I wonder if they build any new HS's today for 4,500 to 6,000 students or if they make them smaller?

Comment

That must have helped prepare you for the college campus. I wonder if they build any new HS's today for 4,500 to 6,000 students or if they make them smaller?
                            College was 35,000. Our high school was a four building campus and sports complex. It was sixty years old when torn down. Lunch was such a circus we had open campus so we could hit the village with the pizza shops and fast food restaurants.

The next high school is one building and stretches the entire block. I think it's a third of a mile long. Thirty years later it's been declared a mistake. Plus enrollment is under 3,000 in four grades now. A new high school will be built soon.

Comment

If you transfer to my son's HS you might be the third tallest player instead. See I guess it all depends on how large your school enrollment is and what part of the country you live in.

theres several schools in my area where id be one of the taller players on the team. my school is a 4a, the highest in iowa. my school easily has the best athletes around, and im not being a homer on that. i can only think of 3 other schools that are on our level or better.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X