How to explain..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to explain..

Baseball is my getaway, but it seems like my parents couldn't care less about the game. Whenever I need something, like let's say baseball socks or baseball pants for baseball camp, they are all like "Why do you need those? The description said bring a glove and cleats."
    They've seen my injuries from sliding with barely anything on (shorts, t-shirt) yet they still don't seem to care and they're so cheap they won't buy me these things or without hesitation. How can I explain to them that I need these things?
    R.I.P. TORRE

Originally posted by jenKins887 View Post
    Baseball is my getaway, but it seems like my parents couldn't care less about the game. Whenever I need something, like let's say baseball socks or baseball pants for baseball camp, they are all like "Why do you need those? The description said bring a glove and cleats."
    They've seen my injuries from sliding with barely anything on (shorts, t-shirt) yet they still don't seem to care and they're so cheap they won't buy me these things or without hesitation. How can I explain to them that I need these things?
    Get a part time job. Make the money to buy what you need. You can buy inexpensive equipment.

Comment

you have the rest of your life to work....forget the job
      get them interested in the game....show them your love for it
      they will come around....if you show them that you live for it they will realize that its an amazing game

Comment

Originally posted by jenKins887 View Post
        Ask someone where to buy socks and pants for not much money...Wal-Mart or a sporting goods store having a sale. Then tell your parents how much they will save if they buy them there. Offer to do an extra chore to help pay for them. I assume you don't get a regular allowance.

Have you ever tried buying baseball uniforms or equipment on eBay? I recently saved at least $30 on my son's sports equipment and would not hesitate to buy other things that way.
        "He's tougher than a railroad sandwich."
        "You'se Got The Eye Of An Eagle."

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X