Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SamtheBravesFan
    replied
    I follow Georgia Tech because my dad went there. I haven't gone to any of the games, but I follow them in the polls and on the scoreboard.

Leave a comment:

• bailiff
    replied
    Here in Texas, during the summer we have the Texas Collegiate league. They use wooden bats, and it is very fun. We had season tickets to our local team, and we had a blast. There were some very good prospects in our league this year. I talked to the comissioner a couple of weeks ago, and they hope to rival the cape cod league in a couple of years.

Leave a comment:

• BelieveForever'03
    replied
    Originally posted by Mattingly
    How's their baseball team? What's the name of the team?
    The Bradley Braves. Usually middle of the pack in the MVC, chasing teams like Missouri State and Whichita State. We are coached by Dewey Kalmer who is a former major leaguer. Last year we were leading the conference for most of the season but suffered through a couple of bad series near the end which lost us the title. Two of our pitchers from last year's team were drafted, Brandon Magee was drafted by Toronto in the 4th round, and Mike Christl was drafted by Boston on the second day of the draft, but he's come back to BU for his senior season I believe.

Leave a comment:

• TheJourneyman
    replied
    Originally posted by bailiff
    I root for TCU and Baylor. I love college baseball. You should check out a game at A&M when they are good, it's unreal.
    I am not a big aggie fan but would have to agree. Its a great time.

Leave a comment:

• Mattingly
    replied
    Originally posted by BelieveForever'03
    I follow Bradley U. from the MVC, 'cause that's where I go to school.
    How's their baseball team? What's the name of the team?

Leave a comment:

• BelieveForever'03
    replied
    I follow Bradley U. from the MVC, 'cause that's where I go to school.

Leave a comment:

• soberdennis
    replied
    I usually follow the CWS. But until then I can't get excited about College Ball. I'd like to see Tony Gwynn do well at his alma Mater, though.

Leave a comment:

• bailiff
    replied
    I root for TCU and Baylor. I love college baseball. You should check out a game at A&M when they are good, it's unreal.

Leave a comment:

• Erik Bedard
    replied
    I don't really have a decent college where I live, aside from the University of Maryland, there are no D1-A programs within an hour's drive of where I live. h Love college baseball though. My favorites are Boston College, Northwestern, and USC.
    Last edited by Erik Bedard; 09-20-2006, 12:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bullwinkle
    replied
    Originally posted by bluezebra
    If it was pure, they wouldn't use metal bats.

Bob
    Bob: If you have the $$$ to provide all levels of college baseball the ability to buy the wood bats....that would be wonderful.

College Baseball is not a profit making sport (compared to Football and Basketball) and therefore do not have the Money for....here comes math....
    30 players X $75.00 per bat X 6 bats for games X 3 bats for BP equals $40,500. thats per year and includes 0 broken bats. Breaking a bat happens in each game...sometimes more than one. College plays approx 50 games a year, so lets est it at 1.5 per game, that's 75 x 50 X 1.5 equals $5,625 so on the LOW side .... that's $46,125 per team X 400 Div 1 schools X 400 Div 11 schools X 400 Div 111 schools equals $55,350,000 remember that's PER YEAR. If you add in all the JC's......Never mind, I think I've made my point.

http://ncaa-baseball.com/

my head hurts
    Last edited by Bullwinkle; 01-31-2005, 01:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bluezebra
    replied
    Originally posted by Bullwinkle
    The Bullwinkle follows college ball, because:

1. It's baseball at it's purest.
    2. My Son plays for a Div 1 Team in SoCal.
    If it was pure, they wouldn't use metal bats.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• bballfan
    replied
    I usually watch alot of college baseball, I am a huge ND fan. But at the same time, I watch more college sports in general than I do the pro's.

Leave a comment:

• Dbacker03
    replied
    I love college baseball. I usually go to as many ASU games as possible each year. The season starts off this weekend with a big series against Long Beach State at home. Go Devils!

Leave a comment:

• totalautoracing
    replied
    College ball

I still keep tabs on all of the old Southwest Conference teams. Year in and year out, that was some of the best college baseball around. Now that they are divided up into a few different conferences it gets difficult to keep track of all of them, but at least the Minute Maid College Classic here each Feb allows me to see some of them.

Leave a comment:

• Bullwinkle
    replied
    The Bullwinkle follows college ball, because:

1. It's baseball at it's purest.
    2. My Son plays for a Div 1 Team in SoCal.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X