I've lost all control when throwing.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've lost all control when throwing.

I'm 16 and recently I just can't throw accurately at all. I have played baseball my whole life and would've always considered myself an above average defender until now. It's like something mentally is blocking me from rearing back and throwing it hard and accurately. Whenever I go to make a shorter throw, I end up short-arming the ball. I really need help because tryouts are soon and I've quite honestly been making a fool of myself. I have a good arm so I don't know what to do.

There is no easy answer to this, and I feel for you. Might I suggest finding a sports hypnotherapist to work with. Unless you have started to do something wrong with your mechanics, it is all about what's between your ears.

Poor Steve Blass was one of the top 5 control pitchers in the Majors into the early 1970's. and then overnight he couldn't hit his spots any more. When he just threw down the middle of the plate, he was lit up. Steve Sax and Steve Garvey went through years of having throwing problems. When the Yankees came to town, you had to bring a glove if you sat down near first base, because Sax threw balls into the stands. Blass never recovered. He was threw with baseball. He went from 19 wins and an almost Cy Young to not being able to throw out a first pitch accurately.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X