Bat suggestion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bat suggestion

I grew up playing baseball in the ‘70s so wood bats were all we had. I played MABL and continued into MSBL using aluminum.....-5 bats with trampoline effect. 34 inch 29 oz. I also have a 33 drop 3.

I had several wood bats I would use for fun and to stay sharp by hitting on the sweet sport so the aluminum would be even easier. I think the one I like best was a fat handle so probably an M110.

Long story but but I have a beast of a wood bat that the pop is unreal. An old Johnny Bench Louisville that is 34” 37 oz. I used it in some games!!! I am only 5’10” 170lbs but this bat drives the ball. I got it as a gift when I was like 7 from a relative that didn’t know anything but bought a pro model.

I tore my rotator cuff and am not playing anymore organized baseball or softball anymore. I am now 50 so not likely to join a 50 and over hardball team but I just might.

My son plays little league and is 10. He plays majors and I have been hitting him fungos like a maniac. I realized I just love hitting with wood bats.

I make my son pitch to me and love hitting. I want to get a wood bat again and had various bats in my 20’s-30’s but never paid attention to the turn/model. I am certain one must have been a M110 as it had a fat handle like 1”

Anyhow, my question is this. My local stores don’t carry much to buy and not many size / models to look at. If a 271 is balanced. The T141 seems to have thicker handle and less barrel. M110 has more barrel and more handle. A P72 seems to have a similar handle to the 271 but more barrel.

To get a decent bat i am likely to have to order online. When I hold a 271 it feels like I want more handle. So I think a T141 or M110 is what I want. Which turn feels fast but still solid? Like I said, it won’t be game tested but would like to get a model that is comfortable and has some pop. Any model suggestions?

Mike

The M110 is going to be the most balanced swing weight of all of the standard turn models. There are some custom player models that will have a larger handle than the M110 but the M110 is the perfect balance between maintaining a large barrel and having a good sized handle. I might take a look at this Brett Bros Maple/Bamboo bat. The way its built it will last forever essentially and its that 110 turn model I would recommend. Definitely will have some pop as well. Let me know if you have any questions about it or any other bat!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X