Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Made the HS Varsity Team

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Made the HS Varsity Team

    Just a quick note that my 2022 made this HS Varsity team. Many of the people that helped us along the way since he was 4 years old have come and gone, but for those that are still around, thank you! I don't post much now, but I still occasionally lurk some of my favorite threads and posters. I'll try to give updates as they come.
    Last edited by pthawaii; 02-14-2020, 08:34 AM.
    Never played baseball, just a dad of someone that loves to play. So take any advice I post with a grain of salt.

  • #2
    Awesome. Sorry if this was covered (bad memory), but is there interest in the next level from his part?

    Comment


    • #3
      Congrats to your kid!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by pthawaii View Post
        Just a quick note that my 2023 made this HS Varsity team. Many of the people that helped us along the way since he was 4 years old have come and gone, but for those that are still around, thank you! I don't post much now, but I still occasionally lurk some of my favorite threads and posters. I'll try to give updates as they come.
        Congratulations. I miss many of the old posters. I long for the day when we could all get on here and talk baseball. Take the time to enjoy the ride. As you already know, it goes so fast.
        Granny said Sonny stick to your guns if you believe in something no matter what. Because it's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

        I am an ex expert. I've done this long enough to know that those who think that they know it all, know nothing.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Viking0 View Post
          Awesome. Sorry if this was covered (bad memory), but is there interest in the next level from his part?
          For now, yes, he is interested. He loves playing baseball. He's not so in love with the things he needs to do to play at the next level (grades, contact coaches, etc.).
          Never played baseball, just a dad of someone that loves to play. So take any advice I post with a grain of salt.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Cannonball View Post

            Congratulations. I miss many of the old posters. I long for the day when we could all get on here and talk baseball. Take the time to enjoy the ride. As you already know, it goes so fast.
            Me2. The discussions were at times fierce and if you didn't have a thick skin you could get hurt in there, but when all was said and one, people came out a better dad-coach and sons came out better players. At least for us we did.
            Never played baseball, just a dad of someone that loves to play. So take any advice I post with a grain of salt.

            Comment


            • #7
              congrats. that's a great program. enjoy the ride

              Comment


              • #8
                Congrats "pth"...his and your hard work and persistence has paid off, and will continue to pay dividends in the future. Well done the two of you!!
                In memory of "Catchingcoach" - Dave Weaver: February 28, 1955 - June 17, 2011

                Comment


                • #9
                  Congrats to your boy!!! big accomplishment for a freshman!! Best of luck to him in the upcoming season!!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    My bad T13, he 2022.
                    Never played baseball, just a dad of someone that loves to play. So take any advice I post with a grain of salt.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Still great accomplishment!! Hopefully see you guys this summer again

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Congrats to both of you guys......it takes team work.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by pthawaii View Post

                          For now, yes, he is interested. He loves playing baseball. He's not so in love with the things he needs to do to play at the next level (grades, contact coaches, etc.).
                          What it takes to get there is nothing compared to what it takes to stick once there. But he’s off to a good start. The motivation may come.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by pthawaii View Post
                            Just a quick note that my 2022 made this HS Varsity team. Many of the people that helped us along the way since he was 4 years old have come and gone, but for those that are still around, thank you! I don't post much now, but I still occasionally lurk some of my favorite threads and posters. I'll try to give updates as they come.
                            Great news. I know he has put in the work to earn his spot. I enjoy seeing the updates...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Congratulations!
                              I don't like my balls to smell like pickles.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X