X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JettSixty
    replied
    Originally posted by rodk View Post

Thanks for the info. The prospect I am thinking of chose academics and did not try out to play ball, and is now unhappy with both aspects. Getting back into the game would be more therapy than anything else, and an artificial blockade would do no good for anyone.
    It’s going to be even harder next year with what’s going on now. However, at the D3 level I can’t imagine kids will stay an extra year just to play baseball rather than move on with their life. At the D1 level I’m guessing plenty will stay and start grad school. My son, knowing he wouldn’t be playing freshman year due to injury made it his goal to play four seasons in five years and walk away with a BA and MBA. With AP credits and online summer courses he got his BA in three years.

Leave a comment:

• rodk
    replied
    Originally posted by JettSixty View Post
    I don’t believe there are any issues with transferring and playing right away. Was he recruited to play where he is? Did he tryout to walk on? If so, when did these things occur relative to what year he is now? If he wants to play at a D3 I don’t think there are any issues at all.
    Thanks for the info. The prospect I am thinking of chose academics and did not try out to play ball, and is now unhappy with both aspects. Getting back into the game would be more therapy than anything else, and an artificial blockade would do no good for anyone.

Leave a comment:

• JettSixty
    replied
    I don’t believe there are any issues with transferring and playing right away. Was he recruited to play where he is? Did he tryout to walk on? If so, when did these things occur relative to what year he is now? If he wants to play at a D3 I don’t think there are any issues at all.

Leave a comment:

• rodk
    started a topic Recruiting older players

Recruiting older players

What recruiting rules apply to prospects already in college but not currently on a team, ie players who want to transfer and resume their careers after giving up baseball for academics initially? Do they have a waiting period after transferring, as do players on teams? Dead periods? Ty.

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X