Tomorrow Is the Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomorrow Is the Day

DI baseball starts tomorrow. I will be attending the Cal State Fullerton vs. TCU series. Should be fun.

Anybody else attending games this weekend?
    Check out my site devoted to the greatness of college summer leagues.

What is the abbreviation of DI? Sure it has to do with college baseball, but I really don't what DI means.

Comment

It should be D1 not DI, but the abbreviation means Division one baseball. This is the first year that the NCAA has mandated that all D1 schools start on Feb 22, where as, all the other divisions can start earlier if they choose to.

Comment

I would be at East Carolina vs. South Carolina, but it looks like it'll be rained out. I'll be out of town Friday evening to Sunday, but should be back in time to catch the last game of the series.

Comment

Northern Colorado at Texas A&M in approx. 1.75 hours.
          Baseball writer

Comment

Unfortunately, I'm stuck in NY, so I get snow instead of live baseball. However, I'm still following the games very closely.

Notables so far (Rankings are from BA):
            Georgia upsets #2 Arizona behind the offense and pitching of Josh Fields 9-7

#3 Vanderbilt looks very impressive in defeating #7 Oregon St. 8-1. Mike Minor pitched 6 strong innings and Ryan Flaherty had 4 RBIs in the win.

Aaron Crow starts his season on a good note as #6 Missouri defeats UConn 7-1.(His stats are in my sig:cap

Brian Matusz is not off to as good of a start as USD is trailing San Diego St. 4-2, though it is only the 4th inning.
            "All shortstops can dance...Derek Jeter is a fullback with power and speed. Jose Reyes is a tailback with speed and quickness"-"analysis" of the New York shortstops' defense by the genius that is Joe Morgan

Comment

I went to the UT vs. Virginia Commonwealth game today and sat right behind the plate. Good stuff. Austin Wood had a no-no through 5 2/3, then got rocked for like 4 hits in a row. UT won 6-2 behind the bat of Preston Clark.

Disch-Falk looks pretty good with the new additions -- though outside of the luxury boxes, there's not too much of a difference.

I think Texas might have the best outfield in the country -- Jordan Danks, Kyle Russell, and Kevin Keyes.
              Originally posted by Domenic
              The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Comment

Aggies defeat Northern Colorado 9-5. Transfer Jose Duran has a solid day at the plate, driving in two runs.
                Baseball writer

Comment

Originally posted by baseballstar592 View Post
                  Brian Matusz is not off to as good of a start as USD is trailing San Diego St. 4-2, though it is only the 4th inning.
                  #11 USD is surprised by San Diego St. 11-2 as Stephen Strasburg completely outpitches Matusz and co.

Also, Rice and Long Beach St. are deadlocked in a great game, still scoreless in the bottom of the 10th
                  "All shortstops can dance...Derek Jeter is a fullback with power and speed. Jose Reyes is a tailback with speed and quickness"-"analysis" of the New York shortstops' defense by the genius that is Joe Morgan

Comment

Also, Rice and Long Beach St. are deadlocked in a great game, still scoreless in the bottom of the 10th
                    Danny Espinosa hits a walk-off single and Long Beach St. wins it 1-0 in 10

Comment

TCU was defeated by Cal State Fullerton 11-5. Good game (if you are a Fullerton fan)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X