• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brigadierk
    • Apr 2008

Amateur baseball in Chicago

Hi y'all,

I've been searching these forums and the wide web of the world for awhile, but I haven't been able to find information on what sorts of opportunities there are in the Chicago area for adults who just want to play baseball (instead of g-d 16" softball). If anyone has someplace they could point me, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!
  • hellborn
    Lummox in LF
    • Aug 2005

I haven't lived near Chicago for a dozen years now, but I played in the NABA NW Suburbs division for a few years. I can't tell for sure if the NABA is still active in Chicago, though.
    I also played pickup ball with some good guys in Northfield, at Willow Park. They called themselves the Wilmette Guys, and had been playing together for over 30 years at the time. Just show up with a bat, glove, and a few balls at 10am on Sunday, they'll probably be there.
    "I throw him four wide ones, then try to pick him off first base." - Preacher Roe on pitching to Musial

Comment

• CPatt44
      Baseball is Life
      • Jan 2007

Check www.msblnational.com and choose IL under look for a league. This will point you to numerous leagues throughout the greater Chicago area.
      "Remember, 90% of the game is half mental" - Yogi Berra

Comment

• RiotMac
        • Apr 2008

I am playing in the MSL for the first time. So far so good. I haven't played baseball in over 10 years and I am really enjoying it. There are lots of teams and 3 leagues. I guess it is one of the bigger leagues in the country. The season has started already though.

Comment

• muscleman
          • Mar 2008

Or you can try the CNMSBL. Just google CNMSBL and you will get to the site with no problems. If you want to play this year, your best bet is to contact the teams individually and see if they need players. Some teams will give you a tryout. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Comment

• Utility07
            High school coach
            • Aug 2006

I manage a team in the MSL. It is a league in the chicagoland area, we generally play in the suburbs. I manage a team. Most teams charge around 300 bucks to play, because for the 22 game season, with field rental, game ball,s umpires, etc, the team fee is around 5500. The league site is www.midwestsuburbanleague.com

Do you happen to pitch?

Comment

• brigadierk
              • Apr 2008

Well, I pitched some in high school, but that was a good 10 years ago. I haven't injured my arm or anything, but it's probably got some rust, you know?

And thanks for the pointers to the league--even if I can't get in this summer, maybe I'll be able to get in on some fall action. Muchas gracias!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X