Recruited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recruited

How do you get recrutied by a college.You have to be good at what you do.But what if your a good fielder and not so good offensively?Because I would like to go to college to play,but im not sure how.It dont matter to me where I go as long as I play baseball.I dont even care if I go to the Bg leagues (But that would be awesome) as long as I play baseball.You also have to have a high GPA right?
    Last edited by braves_fan1025; 04-27-2008, 08:38 AM.

If you can't hit in high school you're not playing college ball as a position player.

Comment

Agreed. On the opposite end if you are a dangerous hitter and a so-so defensive guy you have a shot at a spot. The other way around? Very little chance.

Comment

I can hit decent.But not awesomely,know what I mean.So you have to be a real good hitter.Do they look at your whole high school career or just what you did like your junior and senior year??

Comment

Scouts look at what you can do today. They look at tools over stats. If they're not sure of what they see today, they'll come back tomorrow to see if you can do it again. Scouts do not spend a lot of time at high school games anymore unless there's a stud involved. Players are found at showcases. You should go to a showcase and watch to see if you would fit in. Most D1 players were all-state. A majority of D3 players were all-conference. There are 450,000 high school baseball players. 45,000 will play college ball at any level (NCAA, NAIA, JuCo). That's 10% of all high school players. How badly do you want it? My son has three hours of practice or games six days a week. Today was his day off. He threw for thirty minutes and hit off the tee and soft toss for an hour.
          Last edited by TG Coach; 04-27-2008, 05:28 PM.

Comment

I want it Bad.I constantly am doing something to get in better shape and and im always practicing to be better.When do they have showcases?

Comment

Perfect Game, Head First, TPX. Also colleges will have them and invite smaller programs who can't steal the top talent. Go watch before paying and attending. Find out if this is your speed. You will find mostly all-conference players at these events.

Comment

Alright.What about trying to get an athetic scholarship?You send in your stats and stuff to coaches right.And they decide if they want you or not?

Comment

Do you think all the players are getting full rides? A D1 program gets 11.7 scholarships to share among twenty-seven players. Then there are eight walk on players. Many programs aren't fully funded. I know programs in major conferences only funding six scholarships.

If you're not a stud hitter don't worry about a scholarship. Like I said before scouts are more interested in tools than stats. Huge stats may get you noticed, but they still examine the tools. I know a kid who hit .553 he senior year of high school. He was a career .400+ hitter. He wasn't offered a scholarship. He walked on at a D1. He was a 5'7", 150 singles hitter in high school. He was all-conference three times. He's been on the bench for two years now in college.

D2 programs offer 7.5 (?) scholarships to be divided among all the players. D3 doesn't give scholarships. Given how you've described your abilities your best shot may be D3. Don't expect sports to pay for your college unless you play football or basketball at a major program. My daughter's academic ride is bigger than her athletic (softball) ride.

Comment

I know they dont get full rides.And even if you are good there is very little chance that you could get a scholarship.Right?

Comment

The 11.7 rides get split up among twenty-seven players. Only a stud pitcher, catcher, shortstop or centerfielder might get a full ride.

Comment

There are 2 studs at my High School that are both getting full rides to Wake Forest
                        A Right Handed pitcher who consistently hits 96-97
                        and a Left handed Pitcher/1B and hits almost a homer a game and has a life average of over .650
                        Hit or throw hard and youre in

Comment

I played inn college. Here are some tips...

1. Study Hard
                          2. Study Hard
                          3. Learn proper spelling and grammar
                          4. Learn to play more than one position
                          5. Be willing to start at a JC
                          6. Play some sort of summer league, to help you get your name out there.
                          Check out my site devoted to the greatness of college summer leagues.

Comment

Thanks for the tips.I can play pretty much any position well.But I primalrily play 1st base.My pitching,I can throw about probably mids 60s but Im only 14.And I can hit good.

Comment

I can throw about probably mids 60s but Im only 14.

Mid 60's is awesome ............. for an eleven year old.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X