No announcement yet.

Summer League News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not all of the boxscores are available in the Prospect League from yesterday's games. So, if I have omitted any outstanding performances, please accept my apology.

My Pitcher of the Night in the Prospect League from yesterday's games is Jarred Hippen from the Quincy Gems by way of the University of Iowa. Jarred picked up the win by allowing no-runs on 2 hits in 6 innings of work. He did walk 3 batters and he fanned 8 on the night.

Honorable Mention
    *Chadd Steinborn (Olivet Nazarene--Chillicothe) save (2), 1.0 inp, 1 hit, 2 bb, 1 k
    *Andrew Morris (Gulf Coast CC--Slippery Rock) win (2-0), 7 inp, 3 hits, 0 runs, 4 bb, 7 k's
    *Mike Devine (VMI--Slippery Rock) save (3), 1.1 inp
    *Kevin Lee (Iowa--Quincy) 2.1 inp, 0 hits, 1 bb, 5 k's
    Check out my site devoted to the greatness of college summer leagues.

Comment

Tell me a little about this Prospect League if you would. I live in Cincy, OH and i have become aware of it because i am a Frontier League fan and i know Chillicothe left the FL for this Prospect League. This is a collegiate summer wooden bat league, no?

What teams would be closest to me and what are the coolest ballparks in the league?

G Man

Comment

I am not from Ohio, so I am not sure which teams are near you, but the Prospect League is a collegiate wood bat league. There are some pretty good, young prospects in the league. I would say that the Prospect League is in the top 10 of college baseball summer leagues. They are growing, which is nice as well.

Comment

My Pitcher of the Night in the West Coast League is Dustin Emmons from the Corvallis Knights by way of the University of California at Riverside. Dustin earned his first win of the season by throwing 7 quality innings of shutout baseball last night. He scattered 4 hits, walked 2 and fanned 4 in his outing yesterday. Dustin hails from La Crescenta, California.

Honorable Mention

Kirk Lind (Western Oregon--Kelowna) win (1-0), 1 inp, 1 bb, 1 k
          Paul Sewald (San Diego--Spokane) 4 inp, 2 hits, 0 bb, 3 k's
          Jason Wilson (Chemeketa CC--Bend) 1.1 inp, 1 k

Comment

My Hitter of the Night in the Coastal Plain League is Herman Petzold from the Florence Redwolves by way of Notre Dame. Herman went went 2 for 2, with a walk, 1 run scored and 5 rbi's in the Redwolves 9-3 victory over the Wilmington Sharks.

Honorable Mention

Richard Jones (The Citadel--Thomasville) 2 for 3, hr, 1 run, 1 rbi
            Jared Humphreys (Kent State--Fayetteville) 2 for 3, 3 stb's, 1 run
            Michael Niemann (Delta State--Fayetteville) 3 for 5, 2 stb's, 2 rbi's, 1 run
            Brendan Rowland (Albany--Fayetteville) 3 for 5, stb, 1 run, 1 rbi
            Dylan Petrick (Texas A&M--Outer Banks) 2 for 3, triple, 1 run, 2 rbi's
            Adam Eggemeyer (SIU Edwardsville--Wilmington) 1 for 5, hr (5th), 1 run, 1 rbi
            Jesse Bosnik (St. Bonaventure--Wilmington) 3 for 5, run
            Christian Overstreet (Missouri State--Wilmington) 4 for 5, 2b, 1 run
            Tyler Burnett (Midd Tenn State--Florence) 1 for 4, hr, 1 run, 1 rbi
            Matthew Hamlet (Boston College--Gastonia) 2 for 3, 3 rbi's
            Jose Cuevas (Western OK State--Gastonia) 2 fo r3, 2 runs, 1 rbi
            Jonathan DeBarry (Bethel--Petersburg) 3 for 5, stb, rbi
            Ty Rivers (Radford--Peninsula) 2 for 5, 3 stb's, 2 runs, 4 rbi's

Comment

My Pitcher of the Night in the Coastal Plain League is Joe Zeller from the Edenton Steamers by way of The Masters College. Joe improved his record to 2-0 on the season with a great 7.2 inning outing yesterday. He didn't allow a run on 3 hits, while striking out 6 batters.

Honorable Mention
              *Vinny Lally (Yale--Martinsville) 7 inp, 3 hits, 0 runs, 5 bb, 8 k's
              *Sean Toler (Missouri State--Wilmington) 1 inp, 1 run, 0 er, 2 k's
              *Greg Robinson (Wright State--Fayetteville) 2 inp, 2 bb, 6 k's
              *Bryan Breedlove (Lynchburg--Forest City) win (3-0), 7.1 inp, 5 hits, 0 runs, 2 bb, 5 k's
              *Eric Rosenberger (Mansfield--Outer Banks) win (2-1), 3.2 inp, 1 hit, 0 runs, 1 bb, 2 k's

Comment

My Pitcher of the Night in the New England Collegiate Baseball League is Joey Lucier from the Lowell All-Americans by way of Worcester State College. Joey earned a 4-inning save last night. He didn't allow a run on 1 hit in his 4 innings of work. He walked 2 and fanned 5 as well in the All-Americans shutout.

Honorable Mention
                *Matthew Shapiro (Holy Cross--Lowell) win (1-0), 5 inp, 2hits, 0 runs, 5 bb's, 5 k's
                *Dean Wolosiansky (Ohio State--Newport) win (1-0), 5 inp, 4 hits, 1 run, 2 bb, 4 k's
                *Geoff Brown (Washington--Newport) 2 inp, 2 hits, 2 k's
                *Austin Evans (Alabama--Vermont) 1 inp, 2 k's
                *Kyle McMyne (Villanova--Keene) 2 inp, 2 k's
                *Drew Leininger (Indiana--Sanford) win (2-0), 2 inp, 1 hit, 2 k's
                *Sean Burns (San Fransisco--North Adams) 2 inp, 1 bb, 5 k's

Comment

My Pitcher of the Night in the Clark Griffith League is Kyle Hald from the Vienna Senators by way of Old Dominion University. Kyle picked up his 2nd win of the season by throwing 6 shutout innings last night. He scattered 3 hits, didn't walk a batter and he fanned 3 batter.

Honorable Mention
                  *Matt Crouse (Mississippi--Carny) 3 inp, 1 bb, 3 k's

Comment

My Pitcher of the Night in the Cal Ripken Sr. League is Gregg Ross from the Maryland Redbirds by way of Towson University. Greg pitched very well, but didn't factor in the decision last night. He allowed just 1 run on 2 hits in 6.1 innings pitched. He did walk 4 (which is a high number), but he also struck out 5, so overall, it was a quality start.

Honorable Mention
                    *Kevin Landry (William and Mary--Youse's) 2 inp, 1 bb, 1 k
                    *Dan Moller (Temple--Rockville) loss, 7 inp, 6 hits, 2 runs, 1 er, 1 bb, 6 k's
                    *Jeff Guthridge (Hofstra--Maryland) save, 1 inp, 1 hit, 1 k

Comment

My Pitcher of the Night in the KIT League is Tyler Farley from the Fulton Railroaders by way of Tennessee Tech University. Tyler picked up the win by throwing a 9-inning complete game yesterday. He allowed 1 er on 7 hits. He walked 2 and fanned 8 as well.

Honorable Mention
                      *Brett Wilson (Midd. Tenn--Union City) 6 inp, 2 hits, 2 runs, 0 er, 5 bb, 5 k's
                      *Chris Burton (KWC--Owensboro) save, 1.2 inp, 1 hit, 1 k
                      *Evan Utle (Lindsay Wilson--Marion) win, 7 inp, 3 hits, 0 runs, 5 bb, 7 k's

Comment

Is there a place on your site that tells of sons of former or current ML'ers playing the the numerous leagues?
                        Family Autograph Thread
                        http://baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=75871

Comment

not really,(sorry for not replying to PM earlier). I will do some digging to see what Ican find though.

Comment

My Hitter of the Night in the West Coast League is Pat Colwell from the Corvallis Knights by way of San Diego State University. Pat went 2 for 4, with a double and triple in the Knights win yesterday. He also drove in 3 runners last night. He now has 12 rbi's on the season.

Honorable Mention
                            *Kyle Mikayla (UC Davis--Kelowna) 3 for 5, run
                            *Doug Busor (OU--Kitsap) 3 for 5, rbi
                            *Zan Bator (Liberty--Moses Lake) 2 for 4, 2b, run, rbi
                            *Billy Clontz (Western Oregon--Corvallis) 2 for 3, db, 2 stb's, 3 runs, rbi
                            *Maverick Olivares (UCI--Spokane) 3 for 6, 2b, run, 2 rbi's
                            *Kevin Fuji (Hawaii--Spokane) 3 for 5
                            *Jason Brunansky (Kansas--Spokane) 3 for 5, db, 2 runs
                            *Jordan Leyland (UCI--Bend) 3 for 6, run, db

Comment

Originally posted by bailiff View Post
                              not really,(sorry for not replying to PM earlier). I will do some digging to see what Ican find though.
                              Just looking at a few teams...

Mat Scioscia Mike;s son playing for the Cornjo Oaks in the Cal. League

And I wonder if Bobby Buckner (from Idaho) is Billy Buck's son?

And I am sure there are many others but it takes time to go thru the rosters and then double check the research.
                              Family Autograph Thread
                              http://baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=75871

Comment

My Hitter of the Night in the Northwoods League is Tony Renda from the St. Cloud River Bats by way of Cal. Tony went a perfect 5 for 5 with 2 doubles last night. He also scored 3 runs and knocked in 2 in the Bats win.

Honorable Mention
                                *Tim Roberson (Florida Gulf Coast--Alexandria) 3 for 4, 2 rbi's
                                *Jayson Langfels (E. Kentucky--Alexandria) 4 for 4, db, run
                                *A.J. Petterson (Minnesota--Mankato) 2 for 3, 2 runs
                                *Greg Holt (UNC--La Crosse) 3 for 5, hr, db, stb, 2 runs, 2 rbi's
                                *Chris Engell (San Diego--La Crosse) 3 for 4, 3 stb's
                                *Jared Andreoli (Western Kentucky--Green Bay) 3 for 5, db, 2 runs, 2 rbi's
                                *Jimmy Tanner (USC Upstate--Battle Creek) 3 for 4, db, 2 runs, 2 rbi's
                                *Zac Richard (Xavier--St. Cloud) 3 for 5, 2 db's, 2 runs, 2 rbi's
                                *Adam Weisenburger (Miami of Ohio--St. Cloud) 2 for 5, hr, db, 2 runs, rbi
                                *Corey Jones (Cal State Fullerton--Rochester) 4 for 4, 2 2b's, stb

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X