No announcement yet.

Summer League News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My West Coast League Pitcher of the Night for games played yesterday, the 30th of June is Steve Kalush from the Corvallis Knights by way of Santa Clara University. Steve picked up his first win of the season by throwing 6 quality innings last night. He gave up 1 unearned run on 4 hits and didn't walk a batter. He also struck out 4 batters last night.

Honorable Mention
    *Jordan Stern (Texas Tech--Bellingham) 2.2 inp, 4 k's
    *Miles Scribner (W. Conn. State--Moses Lake) 2.1 inp, 1 hit, 1 k
    *Enoch Deaton (?--Bend) win (2-0), 1 inp, bb
    *Andy Hunter (Gonzaga--Spokane) 2 inp, 2 k's
    *Liam Baron (Linn Benton CC--Corvallis) save (1), 1 inp
    *Steven Singer (?--Kitsap) win (2-2), 6.2 inp, 5 hits, 2 runs, bb, 4 k's

Pitcher of the Night from games played on the 29th of June.
    *Dustin Emmons (UC Riverside--Corvallis) win (2-0), 6 inp, 6 hits, run, 0 bb, 4 k's

Honorable Mention
    *Mark DeVincenzi (Cal Poly--Bend) save (2), 1 inp, 3 k's
    *Billy Moon (Gonzaga--Spokane) 2.1 inp
    Check out my site devoted to the greatness of college summer leagues.

Comment

My Pitcher of the Night in the Northwoods League for games played on the 30th of June is Nick Brown from the Alexandria Beetles by way of the University of Iowa. Nick upped his record to 2-2 with a 9-inning shutout yesterday. He scattered 3 hits and he had outstanding control as he didn't walk a batter. He fanned 6 on the night, and lowered his era to 2.46 this summer.

Honorable Mention
      *Bennett Whitmore (Oregon--Mankato) win (1-1), 9 inp, 6 hits, 0 runs, 0 bb, 3 k's
      *Steven Gruver (Tenn.--La Crosse) win (4-0), 7 inp, 4 hits, 0 runs, 1 bb, 1 k
      *Bob Lackovic (Creighton--Waterloo) 1 inp, bb, k
      *Tyler Lorenz (UW Stevens Point--Green Bay) 2 inp, bb, k
      *Matt Talley (The Citadel--Battle Creek) win (3-2), 8 inp, 8 hits, 2 runs, 0 bb, 8 k's
      *Scott McGough (Oregon--Rochester) 1 inp, 1 k
      *Dennis O'Grady (Duke--Brainerd) win (3-0), 8 inp, 4 hits, run, 2 bb, 6 k's

Comment

My Hitter of the Night in the Cape Cod League for games played on the 30th of June is Mickey Wiswall from the Yarmouth-Dennis Red Sox by way of Boston College. Mickey went 2 for 4 with a home run, double and 2 rbi's last night. He also scored a run for the Sox.

Honorable Mention
        *Stefan Romero (Oregon State--Bourne) 2 for 4, run, db
        *Nick Crawford (UAB--Hyannis) 2 for 4, run, db
        *Brett Eibner (Arkansas--Wareham) 1 for 3, hr, run, rbi
        *Gary Brown (CS Fullerton--Orleans) 2 for 4, db, run, 2 rbi's
        *Zach Cone (Georgia--Cotuit) 1 for 1, PH homer, 3 rbi's, run
        *Jonathan Jones (Long Beach State--Y-D) 3 for 5, db, 2 stb's, 2 runs

Comment

My Pitcher of the Night in the Great Lakes League is Tyler Newhart from the Lima Locos by way of Wright State University. Tyler is now 2-0 on the year after picking up the win yesterday. He allowed 2 runs on 5 hits in his 6 innings of work. He walked 1 batter and struck out 7 as well.

Honorable Mention
          *Tyler Schunk (Rio Grande--Hamilton) 3 inp, 1 hit
          *Adam Shiltz (Trine--Anderson) win, 2 inp, hit, bb
          *Matt Weber (Findlay--Cincinnati) win, 5 innings, 5 hits, bb, k
          *Ross Overstreet (Lincoln Trails--Anderson) 3.1 inp, hit
          *Chris Squires (Indiana--Grand Lake) save, 1 inp, k
          *Michael Hauschild (Dayton--Grand Lake) win (2-1), 6.2 inp, 4 hits, run, 4 bb, 5 k's
          *David Starn (Kent State--Southern Ohio) 5 inp, 3 hits, 0 runs, 3 bb, 6 k's

Comment

The following five pitchers are having outstanding summers, and all of them play their regular season collegiate ball for smaller schools.

Jeremy Stumetz (pictured left) currently pitches for the Alaska AIA team. He will be a senior at Gonzaga this fall. He is 1-0, with a 0.75 era in 12 innings pitched. He has walked 6, struck out 8 and has a WHIP of 0.833 this summer.

Robbie Seldon currently pitches for the Conejo Oaks of the California Collegiate League. Robbie will be a senior at Cal Lutheran this fall. He is currently 1-1, with a 0.36 in 24.2 innings pitched. He has walked 7, fanned 23 and has a WHIP of 0.826 this summer.

Connor Mielock currently pitches for the Carney Pirates of the Clark Griffith League. He will be a sophomore at the University of Oakland this fall. Connor is 3-0, with a 0.90 era in 20 innings pitched. He has walked 5, struck out 10 and has a WHIP of 0.950 this summer.

Josh Strawn currently pitches for the #5 ranked DeLand Suns of the Florida Collegiate League. He will be a senior at Lincoln Memorial University this fall. He is 1-0, with a 1.38 era in 13 innings pitched this summer. He has walked 4 batters, struck out 13 and has a WHIP of 1.000 this summer.

Drew Sheridan currently pitches for the Kauai Menehunes of the Hawaii Collegiate League. He currently attends Wofford college and will be a junior this fall. Drew is currently 1-0, with a perfect 0.00 era in 13.1 innings pitched this summer. He has saved 4 games and has made 10 appearances for Kauai. He has walked 7, fanned 11 and has a WHIP of 1.069 this season.

Comment

My Pitcher of the Night in the Prospect League for games played on the 5th of July is Rusty Shellhorn from the North Coast Knights by way of Washington State University. Rusty ran his summer record to 3-2 with the win on Sunday. He didn't allow a run on 3 hits in his 7 innings of work. He did walk 3, but he countered the walks with striking out 12 batters.

Honorable Mention
              *Joe Oropeza (San Fransisco--North Coast) 7 inp, 3 hits, run, 3 bb, 6 k's
              *Dillan Tabar (UNC Asheville--North Coast) win (1-0), 2 inp, 2 bb, 3 k's
              *Richie Derbak (E. Illinois--Quincy) win (4-0), 7.2 inp, 4 hits, run, 3 bb, 9 k's
              *Tony Bertucci (Cornell--Chillicothe) win (2-1), 6.1 inp, 5 hits, 2 runs, 1 bb, 6 k's

My Hitter of the Night in the Texas Collegiate League for games played yesterday, the 6th of July is Kenny Jackson from the #24 ranked Victoria Generals by way of Texas A&M. Kenny went 3 for 5 with a 3-run homer in the Generals win yesterday. He ended the night with 2 runs scored and 5 rbi's.

Honorable Mention
              *Casey Dykes (W. Kentucky--Brazos Valley) 2 for 4, 2 runs, bb, 2b
              *Jesse Payne (NCTC--Brazos Valley) 2 for 3, 2b, bb, stb, 2 runs
              *Curt Restko (E. Illinois--McKinney) 3 for 4, 2b, bb, 2 runs
              *Mike Davis (Lambuth--Victoria) 2 for 5, 2 runs
              *Creighton Hoke (San Jacinto North--Victoria) 2 for 3, bb, run, rbi

Comment

My "Hitter of the Night" in the Cal Ripken Sr. League for games played on the 6th of July is Chris Taylor from the Herndon Braves by way of the University of Virginia. In a double header for the Braves, Chris went a combined 4 for 6 with 2 triples, 1 double and 1 walk. He also scored 2 runs and drove in 3 on the night.

Honorable Mention
                *Marty Rover (Mesa State--College Park) 3 for 6, 2b, run, rbi
                *Kevin Jones (La Salle--College Park) 4 for 5, 2b, stb, 3 rbi's, run
                *Curtis Wilson (NW Shoals--Silver Spring) 4 for 5, 2 2b's, 2 rbi's, run
                *Danny Stienstra (San Jose State--Bethesda) 4 for 6, 2b, 2 rbi's, 2 runs
                *Luke Adkins (Mississippi State--Bethesda) 1 for 4, 2b, 2 bb's, 4 rbi's, 2 runs
                *Michael Bottoms (Morehead State--Bethesda) 2 for 5, hr, 2 rbi's, 2 runs
                *Andrew Lorenzo (Penn--Alexandria) 2 for 2, 3b, stb, 2 runs
                *Will Davis (Penn--Alexandria) 2 for 3, run
                *Corey Taylor (Binghamton--Herndon) combined 3 for 6 in a dh, 2 runs, rbi, 2 bb's, tr

Comment

My "Pitcher of the Night" in the Northwoods League for the games played on yesterday, the 7th of July is C.J. Rose from the Waterloo Bucks by way of Jefferson CC. In his first outing for the Bucks, C.J. pitched 7 shutout innings to earn the win. He scattered 3 hits, walked 1 and struck out 6.

Honorable Mention
                  *Aaron Gates (Pepperdine--La Crosse) 3 inp, 2 hits, bb, k
                  *Zach Cooper (Central Michigan--Waterloo) save, 1 inp, hit
                  *Ian Campbell (Yavapai--Eau Claire) 4.1 inp, 2 hits, 1 run, 0 er, 1 bb, 5 k's
                  *Drew Smith (Barton CC--Brainerd) save (9), 1 inp, 1 hit, 1 k
                  *Mike Talley (The Citadel--Battle Creek) 7 inp, 6 hits, 0 runs, 3 bb, 4 k's
                  *Cody Winiarski (MATC--Madison) 6 inp, 4 hits, 0 runs, 5 bb, 4 k's
                  *Cameron Amsrud (UW Milwaukee--Madision) 2 inp, bb, 2 k's
                  *Matt Summers (UCI--St. Cloud) win, 3 inp, 2 hits, 2 k's
                  *Connor Lambert (Washington State--St. Cloud) 4 inp, 3 hits, 3 k's
                  *Bennett Whitmore (Oregon State--Mankato) win (2-1), 7.1 inp, 7 hits, 5 runs, 3 er, 1 bb, 7 k's
                  *John Brebbia (Elon--Mankato) 1.2 inp, 1 bb

Comment

My Texas Collegiate League "Pitcher of the Night" for the games played on the 6th of July is Blake Payne from the Victoria Generals by way of Seminole State College. Blake now has a 4-0 record after picking up the win on Monday. He allowed 1 run (0 er) on 5 hits in 6 innings of work. He walked just 1 batter and he fanned 5 on the night. Blake is from Victoria, so I am sure the hometown fans are really enjoying watching him pitch.

Honorable Mention
                    *Juaquin Hinojosa (Texarkana--Brazos Valley) save (4) 1 inp, 1 k
                    *Drew Flaniken (UT Martin--Brazos Valley) win (4-1),7 inp, 7 hits, 2 runs, 2 bb, 3 k's
                    *Michael Bolsinger (Arkansas--McKinney) 4 inp, 2 hits, 1 run, 0 bb, 8 k's
                    *Tom Filip (Baylor--Victoria) 2 inp, hit

Comment

My "Hitter of the Night" in the West Coast League for games played yesterday, the 7th of July is Adrian Gomez from the Kitsap BlueJackets by way of the University of Washington. Adrian went 2 for 4 in the BlueJackets shutout of the Pirates last night. He hit a double and knocked in 3 runners yesterday.

Honorable Mention
                      *D.J. Crumlich (UCI--Wenatchee) 1 for 1, 2 bb's, triple, stb
                      *Ryan Jenkins (Auburn--Kelowna) 2 for 5, stb, 2 rbi's, run
                      *D.J. Johnson (Mt. Hood CC--Corvallis) 2 for 4, 2b, run
                      *Bucky Aona (Southern Utah--Kitsap) 2 for 3, 2 b, run, rbi

Comment

My "Pitcher of the Night" in the Northwoods League for games played on Monday, the 6th of July is Matt Robertson from the Thunder Bay Border Cats by way of Barton CC. Matt now has a record of 4-3 on the year with Monday's complete game shutout win. He scattered 8 hits, didn't walk a batter and he struck out 5 on the night. He now has an era of 3.24 this summer.

Honorable Mention
                        *Xavier Esquivel (Loyola Marymount--St. Cloud) save (2), 1 inp, 1 hit, 2 bb, 2 k's
                        *Riley Bevill (Oregon--Rochester) win (1-1), 6 inp, 5 hits, run, 2 bb, 8 k's
                        *Arik Sikula (Marshall--Rochester) save (11), 1 inp, bb, 2 k's
                        *Chris Garrison (Oregon--Mankato) 3 inp, 2 k's
                        *Craig Gullickson (Clemson--Green Bay) win (3-2), 6 inp, 5 hits, run, 0 bb, 8 k's
                        *Alex Schmarzo (St. Mary's--Green Bay) save (2), 2 inp, 3 k's
                        *Jordan McClintick (Loyola Marymount-- 4 inp, 2 hits, bb, k
                        *Denny Clement (Texas A&M--Madison) save (5), 2 inp, hit, 2 bb, 4 k's
                        *Rudy Jaramillo (New Mexico--Eau Claire) loss (3-2), 8 inp, 7 hits, 4 runs, 1 er, 4 bb, 4 k's
                        *Michael Gedman (Umass--Brainerd) win (3-1), 7 inp, 4 hits, run, bb, 3 k's
                        *Drew Smith (Barton CC--Brainerd) save (8), 1 inp

Comment

My "Pitcher of the Night" in the Prospect League for games played on the 6th of July is Trent DeLazzer from the Butler Blue Sox by way of the University of Connecticut. Trent picked up his first win of the summer by throwing 2.2 innings of shutout baseball. He allowed 1 hit and he fanned 1 as well.

Honorable Mention
                          *Anthony Munoz (Youngstown State--Butler) save (4) 1 inp, 1 k
                          *Andy Deain (Northern Illinois--Dupage) save (3), 1.1 inp, 1 run, 0 er, 1 k
                          *Casey Henn (Wright State--Quincy) win (3-0), 6 inp, 5 hits, 2 runs, 2 bb, 2 k's
                          *Chris Cummins (Baker--Quincy) 2 inp, 1 hit, 3 k's
                          *Neil Hudson (Southern Illinois--Richmond) win (2-1), 6 inp, 5 hits, run, 3 bb, 4 k's

Comment

My "Pitcher of the Night" in the Coastal Plain League for games played on the 7th of July is Chris Boggs from the #7 ranked Outer Banks Dare Devils by way of Old Dominion University. Chris is now 5-1 on the summer after picking up the win yesterday. He didn't allow a run on 3 hits in 7.1 innings pitched. He didn't allow a walk and struck out 9 batters on the night.

Honorable Mention
                            *Josh Trailkill (Clemson--Thomasville) 2 inp, 2 hits, 2 bb, 2 k's
                            *J.C. Casey (Missouri State--Wilmington) 7 inp, 4 hits, 0 runs, 3 bb, 4 k's
                            *Ryan McGrath (Wake Forest--Wilmington) win (1-3), 3 inp, 2 hits, 1 run, 2 bb, 2 k's
                            *Tyler Christman (USC Sumter--Columbia) 6 inp, 2 hits, 0 runs, 4 bb, 8 k's
                            *Kyle Deese (Clemson--Florence) 4 inp, hit, bb, 3 k's
                            *Jason Sullivan (Western Carolina--Wilson) save (8) 1 inp, 1 hit, 2 k's
                            *Seth Grant (Appalachian State--Gastonia) save (2) 1 inp, 1 k
                            *Lance Harting (Longwood--Martinsville) save (2), 3 inp, 2 hits, 3 k's
                            *Adam Kolarek (Maryland--1 inp, 3 k's

Comment

My "Pitcher of the Night" in the Clark Griffith League for games played on the 11 of July is Tyler McElhenny from the Carny Pirates by way of Christopher Newport University. Tyler is now 3-0 on the year after throwing 7 shutout innings. He scattered 3 hits, walked just 2 and struck out 4 on the night.

Honorable Mention
                              *Mark Montgomery (Longwood--Fairfax) win (1-1), 1 inp, 1 hit, 2 k's
                              *Max Langford (Dartmouth--Fairfax) save (2), 1 inp, bb, 2 k's
                              *Greg Uzee (Louisiana College--Vienna) 5 inp, 4 hits, 1 run, bb, 7 k's
                              *Victor Lara (Keyston--Vienna) 1 inp, 3 k's
                              *Austin Poretz (Liberty--S. Maryland) win, 7 inp, 5 hits, 0 runs, 3 bb, 4 k's
                              *Dustin Herbert (Salisbury--S. Maryland) save, 2 inp, 1 k
                              *Pat Somers (ECU--Carny) loss, 6 inp, 3 hits, run, 3 bb, 4 k's

Comment

My "Hitter of the Night" in the NYCBL for games played back on the 8th of July is Dave Soltis from the Mohawk Valley Diamond Dawgs by way of the University of Vermont. Dave went 1 for 4, with his 1 hit being a grand slam in the Dawgs 10-3 route of the Saratoga Phillies. He also walked once in the game.

Honorable Mention
                                *Luke Padgett (Virginia Tech--Saratoga) 1 for 3, run, rbi, hr
                                *Jonathan Ross (Savannah State--Mohawk Valley) 2 for 3, 2 hr's, 3 rbi's, run, bb
                                *Angelo Buscemi (C. Conn State--Niagara) 3 for 4, run, rbi
                                *Damon Arnold (Alderson Broaddus--Allegany County) 3 for 3, run
                                *Anthony Giansanti (Siena--Glens Falls) 3 for 4, hr, 2 stb's, 2 runs, rbi, bb
                                *Rodarrick Jones (New Orleans--Glens Falls) 1 for 3 ,hr, stb, r un, 3 rbi's
                                *Sean Lamont (Georgetown--Glens Falls) 1 for 5, hr, run, rbi
                                *Eric Phillips (Georgia Southern--Glens Falls) 1 for 4, hr, run, rbi
                                *Jeff Cola (Toledo--Geneva) 3 for 4, 3 runs, 2 rbi's, bb
                                *Chris Dudics (Toledo--Geneva) 3 for 4, bb
                                *Eddie Bleiler (Holy Cross--Geneva) 3 for 5, rbi, 2b
                                *Ian Choy (Canisius--Amsterdam) 3 for 5, 2 hr's, 2 runs, 3 rbi's
                                *Kosuke Hattori (Minn. State--Watertown) 2 for 5, 2b, stb, run, rbi

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X