No announcement yet.

Summer League News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My "Hitter of the Night" in the West Coast League for games played on the 10th of July is Matt Andriese from the Corvallis Knights by way of the University of California at Riverside. Matt picked up his 3rd win of the season by throwing 7 shutout innings. He gave up just 3 hits, walked just 1 and fanned 8 batters enroute to the win.

Honorable Mention
    *Jacob Clem (Washington--Bend) save, 1 inp, 1 k
    *Tyler Olson (Gonzaga--Spokane) 8 inp, 6 hits, 2 runs, 7 bb, 5 k's
    *Tyrell Poggemeyer (Sakagit Valley CC--Bellingham) win, 7 inp, 7 hits, 3 runs, 2 er, 2 bb, 5 k's
    *Tyler Anderson (Oregon--Corvallis) 3 inp, 0 hits, 2 k's

Read More...
    Check out my site devoted to the greatness of college summer leagues.

Comment

My "Hitter of the Night" in the Prospect League for games played way back on the 6th of July is River McWilliams from the North Coast Knights by way of the University of Buffalo. Despite the Knights falling in defeat to Butler, River went 2 for 4, with a double, triple and 3 rbi's.

Honorable Mention
      *Brian Billigen (Cornell--Butler) 2 for 5, 2b, 3 rbi's, run
      *Dabo Worthington (Southern--Danville) 1 for 4, hr, 2 rbi's, run
      *Austin Kingsolver (CS Fullerton--Dupage) 2 for 4, run, rbi
      *Jacob White (?--Quincy) 3 for 4 2b, 2 runs, 3 rbi's
      *Brian Farris (San Diego--Quincy) 1 for 5, hr, run, 3 rbi's
      *Trever Adams (Creighton--Springfield) 3 for 4, 2b, rbi
      *Ashley Graeter (Pearl River CC--Hannibal) 3 for 4, 2b
      *Joseph Villegas (Mary Hardin Baylor--Richmond) 2 for 3, 2b, 3b, stb, 3 runs
      *Raymon Fuentes Maldonado (Rend Lake--Richmond) 2 for 4, 2 runs, 2 rbi's
      *Tyler Bullock (SIU--Richmond) 1 for 3, hr, (5), 2 runs, 2 rbi's

Comment

My "Hitter of the Night" in the Coastal Plain League for games played on the 8th of July is Patrick Long from the Peninsula Pilots by way of Georgia Tech University. In the Pilots 8-2 win over the Edenton Steamers, Patrick went 3 for 5, with 2 doubles. He scored once and knocked in one along the way as well.

Honorable Mention
        *Grant Buckner (WVU--Forest City) 1 for 1, hr, 2 rbi's, run
        *Seth Baldwin (UNC--Forest City) 1 for 3, hr, 4 rbi's, 2 runs, 2 bb's
        *Mac Doyle (Wofford--Forest City) 1 for 4, hr, 3 rbi's, run
        *Andrew Guerra (Saint Louis--Wilmington) 2 for 4, hr, 2 runs, 2 rbi's

Comment

My "Pitcher of the Night" in the Cape Cod League for games played on the 11th of July is John Leonard from the Y-D Red Sox by way of Boston College. John earned his 2nd win of the summer by throwing 7 shutout innings against the Chatham Anglers. He gave up 4 hits, didn't walk a batter and he fanned 3 on the night.

Honorable Mention
          *Tyler Burgoon (Michigan--Y-D) 1 inp, 3 k's
          *Turner Phelps (JMU--Bourne) win, 6.1 inp, 4 hits, run, 0 bb, 6 k's
          *Evan Danielli (Notre Dame--Falmouth) 1 inp, 3 k's
          *Tyler Thornburg (Charleston Southern--Brewster) 1 inp, 3 k's
          *Rob Rasmussen (UCLA--Orleans) win, 5.2 inp, 4 hits, 3 runs, 2 er, 0 bb, 9 k's

Comment

My "Pitcher of the Night" in the Cape Cod League for games played on the 12th of July is none other than Chad Bell from the Cotuit Kettleers by way of Walters State Community College. Chad pitched the first official no-hitter in the Cape this summer. He gave up 2 unearned runs and walked 3 batters. He also fanned 8 to earn the victory.

Honorable Mention
            *Kyle Blair (San Diego--Brewster) win, 9 inp, 4 hits, 2 runs, 0 er, 3 bb, 12 k's
            *Elliott Glynn (Uconn--Orleans) win, 6 inp, 5 hits, run, bb, 5 k's
            *Cecil Tanner (Georgia--Falmouth) 2 inp, 0 hits, 1 k
            *Kevin Moran (Boston College--Hyannis) 1 inp, 2 k's
            *Brian Dupra (Notre Dame--Harwich) win, 1 hit, 1 hit, 1 k
            *Blake Monar (Indiana--Wareham) 7.1 inp, 5 hits, run, bb, 7 k's
            *Chase Dempsay (Houston--Y-D) 2 inp, 0 hits, 3 k's

Comment

My "Pitcher of the Night" in the Coastal Plain League for games played yesterday the 14th of July is Todd Roth from the Edenton Steamers by way of the University of Pennsylvania. Todd turned in one heck of an outing yesterday. He pitched a complete-game, 3-hit shutout against the Petersburg Generals. He did walk 3 batters, but he also fanned 7 on the night. Todd's record this summer is now 3-1. (Photo is courtesy of Penn Athletics)

Honorable Mention
              *Aaron Barrett (Mississippi--Thomasville) loss, 7 inp, 5 hits, 3 runs, bb, 8 k's
              *Kyle Hallock (Kent State--Peninsula) win (3-2), 7 inp, 2 hits, 0 runs, 2 bb, 6 k's
              *Cory Toth (ODU--Peninsula) 1 inp, 1 k
              *Ryan Arrowood (Appalachian State--Forest City) win (8-0), 9 inp, 5 hits, run, 5 bb, 9 k's
              *Andrew Webb (NC Wesleyan--Wilson) 2.2 inp, 2 hits, 3 bb, 3 k's
              *John Taylor (S. Carolina--Florence) win (4-3) 7 inp, 2 hits, run, 2 bb, 5 k's
              *Josh Bagley (UNC Pembroke--Fayetteville) 1 inp, 1 k
              *Greg Robinson (Wright State--Fayetteville) save, 1 inp, bb, k

Comment

My "Hitter of the Night" in the Northwoods League for games played on the 13th of July is Brooks Pinckard from the Eau Claire Express by way of Baylor. Brooks went 2 for 3 in the Express loss to the La Crosse Loggers. His two hits were a triple and homer respectively. He drove in 1 run and scored twice on the night as well.

Honorable Mention
                *Greg Holt (UNC--La Crosse) 1 of r3, hr (4th), 3 rbi's, run
                *Chris Engell (San Diego--La Crosse) 3 for 4
                *Robbie Knight (Creighton--Eau Claire) 2 for 5, run, 2 2b's
                *Brian Humphries (Pepperdien--St. Cloud) 2 for 3, 2b, 3 runs, rbi
                *Jonathan Roof (Michigan State--St. Cloud) 2 for 4, 3 rbi's, run
                *Zac Richard (Xavier--St. Cloud) 3 for 4, stb, 2 rbi's, run
                *Ben Long (UW Milwaukee--Wisconsin) 1 for 4, hr (3rd), run, rbi
                *Corey Jones (CS Fullerton--Rochester) 1 for 4, hr (12th), 2 runs, rbi
                *Tony Thompson (Kansas--Rochester) 3 for 5, stb, rbi
                *Aaron Munoz (Gateway CC--Thunder Bay) 3 for 5, stb

Comment

My Cape Cod League "Hitter of the Night" for games played on the 15th of July is Brandon Workman from the Wareham Gatemen by way of the University of Texas. Brandon pitched a 9-inning complete game to earn the win for the PG Crosschecker/Summer Ball #13 ranked Gatemen. He allowed just 1 run on 6 hits. He had a great bb/k ratio of 1/9 as well.

Honorable Mention
                  *Seth Rosin (Minnesota--Hyannis) win, 5 inp, 5 hits, 0 runs, bb, 5 k's
                  *Jimmy Messer (UNC--Hyannis) 3 inp, 2 bb, 2 k's
                  *Casey Gaynor (Rutgers--Orleans) 6 inp, 4hits, 1 run, 0 er, bb, 6 k's
                  *Tyler Thornburg (Charleston Southern--Brewster) 3 inp, 1 hit, bb, k
                  *Russell Brewer (Vanderbilt--Chatham) save, 1 inp, 1 hit, 2 k's
                  *Ricky Bowen (Miss. State--Cotuit) win, 5 inp, 2 hits, 0 runs, 1 bb, 2 k's
                  *Brett Eibner (Arkansas--Wareham) win, 7 inp, 4 hits, run, 4 bb, 8 k's
                  *Eric Jokisch (Northwestern--Harwich) loss, 7 inp, 4 hits, 2 runs, er, bb, 4 k's

Comment

Big summer for a Florida International Panther Outfielder. http://collegesummerball.blogspot.co...utfielder.html

Comment

• 4 Questions with Mike Jefferson

http://collegesummerball.blogspot.co...jefferson.html

Comment

• Interview with Phil Savage

http://collegesummerball.blogspot.co...il-savage.html

Comment

• Perci Garner interview

http://collegesummerball.blogspot.co...ci-garner.html

Comment

• Player to Watch for

http://collegesummerball.blogspot.co...n-2010_09.html

Comment

• Player To Watch For...Eddie Hsieh

http://collegesummerball.blogspot.co...n-2010_14.html

Comment

• WCL will add two teams. NECBL is moving a team to New Hampshire. Fauquier in the VBL is folding and Clermont in the FCSL shut down. A ton of info is coming in.

SBF

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X