Is it a stolen base at home plate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it a stolen base at home plate?

Runners at first and third. Runner on first base races to 2nd base and the throw from the catcher is too late and the batter is safe. Once the throw goes to 2nd base (no errors on the play) the runner at 3rd base races home and scores a run. Would that also be a stolen base since there was not a base hit, putout, error, passed ball, wild pitch, or balk? Like a delayed double steal at any other base?

Thanks so much for your input!

double steal if I am scoring
    Alcohol
    Tobacco
    Firearms
    should be a convenience store,
    not a government agency

Comment

They both get a SB. That happened in the NY/BOS game on Sunday.

Comment

THANKS!!! That's what I thought but wanted to be sure!

Comment

Originally posted by Debbie S View Post
          Runners at first and third. Runner on first base races to 2nd base and the throw from the catcher is too late and the batter is safe. Once the throw goes to 2nd base (no errors on the play) the runner at 3rd base races home and scores a run. Would that also be a stolen base since there was not a base hit, putout, error, passed ball, wild pitch, or balk? Like a delayed double steal at any other base?

Thanks so much for your input!
          You need to be very careful Debbie. You quoted PART of the rule, but that’s not all it takes to be considered a SB. Your quote should have included the following: a hit, a putout, an error, a force-out, a fielder’s choice, a passed ball, a wild pitch or a balk, subject to the following: ...

But, I give you great credit for at least looking up the rule. Something else to consider is, what was the venue of your scenario? Sadly, the same rules don’t apply to HS, NCAA and the MLB, and certainly not to the myriad of organizations other than them, and you should look at the appropriate one.
          The pitcher who’s afraid to throw strikes, will soon be standing in the shower with the hitter who's afraid to swing.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X