X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • syidewayz
    • Mar 2012

4 yr old baseball player. Beast Mode Swing Hitting homers

Check out Little ant Hes 4 yrs old and has a mean swing. he plays with a 7u team.
    Last edited by syidewayz; 08-13-2012, 01:27 AM.
  • tg643
    Team Veteran
    • May 2010

Thanks for the post dad. I would look but I don't scout four year olds.

Update: I admit I couldn't help but look to see foolishness. If you're going to post this stuff like it matters you're opening yourself up. Your son has several serious mechanical flaws in his swing that could very well prevent success when a pitcher isn't grooving a ball into his roundhouse.

Please let him have fun being a four year old. Fix his mechanics from the ground up. His footwork and balance is terrible. But do not turn it into work. Baseball is supposed to be fun. Being four is supposed to be fun. Parents who put this stuff online with a profile and resume like it matters concern me regarding how they treat their kids. It's called lack of perspective.

Why don't you let him play with his friends? Is he playing up so you can walk around town pounding your chest about your son and posting videos online hoping someone who doesn't know the game sends it viral?
    Last edited by tg643; 03-15-2012, 02:42 PM.

Comment

• TexAg
      • Feb 2012

Originally posted by tg643 View Post

Update: I admit I couldn't help but look to see foolishness. If you're going to post this stuff like it matters you're opening yourself up. Your son has several serious mechanical flaws in his swing that could very well prevent success when a pitcher isn't grooving a ball into his roundhouse.

Please let him have fun being a four year old. Fix his mechanics from the ground up. His footwork and balance is terrible. But do not turn it into work. Baseball is supposed to be fun. Being four is supposed to be fun. Parents who put this stuff online with a profile and resume like it matters concern me regarding how they treat their kids. It's called lack of perspective.

Why don't you let him play with his friends? Is he playing up so you can walk around town pounding your chest about your son and posting videos online hoping someone who doesn't know the game sends it viral?
      i'm more concerned with the baseball field you're building in the backyard.:dismay:

Comment

• syidewayz
        • Mar 2012

Originally posted by tg643 View Post

Are you kidding me? hes 4 years old. of course he has flaws but do show me a 4 year old that doesnt, sure theres a handfull of great 4 year olds on youtube And this kid is great for his age. He was moved up because t-ball was a joke he was hitting kids in the head because they would not get there glove up.

theres 7 year olds on his team who cant swing the bat for $hit, He is doing just fine for his age.

Thanks for the input

Comment

• tg643
          Team Veteran
          • May 2010

Here's what I see. I see a father who placed a "look at my incredible son" red flag on a post. I see a father who created a website with a video, resume and profile for a four year old. My kid's first websites were for college recruiting. Yes there are some positive attributes to your son's swing. But who cares other than his family. The kid is four. I've already been through the journey from kiddie ball through college as a player. My kids have been through the journey from kiddie ball through college as baseball and softball players. I've been through the journey as a baseball and softball coach from kiddie ball through college prospect showcase ball. I've seen it all. What I see in your post is a father who is looking for compliments for his four year old so he can live off the stardom of a four year old and puff out his chest. You need to find a hobby where you don't live through your kid. All that should matter at four years old is he's having fun regardless of what he's doing.

I've seen plenty of 10U studs who didn't make LL all-stars when they were twelve. I saw a LL all-star pitcher who never lost a game in LL or all-stars not make high school varsity. I've seen all-conference high school players not get recruited for college ball. So excuse me if I see red flags from your post and don't get excited over a four year old playing up with seven year olds. Before puberty kids can be physically plus or minus three years of their actual age. I remember when my son played 7/8's. From the year he was eight in 7/8's five of one hundred forty-four players eventually made high school varsity.

Comment

• dominik
            • Oct 2008

I agree with TG here. posting a video called with "incredible power" in the title is not a healthy sign...

that being said I like a lot about this swing. yeah he does step open like a tennis player and that does need to be fixed at some point but he does have some very positive things. he leads with his hips, gets of his back foot at contact, has good bat lag (no sweep) and even already a "corner" (no push). I would really no mess too much with that swing at this point.
            I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

• DerekD
              • Mar 2008

Cute, he has his own website already, and you can even email him and ask him questions. Impressive!

I had to watch the video a few times so I could keep listening to the "WHOA!!!"

I'm not sure why he's hitting tennis balls but it still makes sense to wear a helmet.

Comment

• Roothog66
                • Jan 2011

I can't wait until he gets his "baseball tips" up! Oh, you might want to check the spelling on several of your tabs - especially tournaments and sponsors.

Comment

• DerekD
                  • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Roothog66 View Post
                  I can't wait until he gets his "baseball tips" up! Oh, you might want to check the spelling on several of your tabs - especially tournaments and sponsors.
                  Come on now, go easy, the kid is only 4.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X