Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone heard of Stars and Stripes Baseball?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone heard of Stars and Stripes Baseball?

This organization fronted by Kelly Ahrens is running a tournament in Orlando during Christmas week for kids 9u to 18. The website indicates professional and college scouts will coach and teach. The price of $495 plus some additional costs vaguely mentioned seems about right.

But has anyone heard of this outfit or participated in the event? What was your experience?

My kid is 11. The format seems to be that it is open to all players, so that may mean that the participants include those who can afford it and are available, not just top level players, which is what the management indicates it wants and has. The site says some entire teams are coming to play as a team, but other individual players will be drafted into teams and local Florida players are available on a standby basis.

Since I didn't find out about the event until after the official tryout but my son was invited anyway following my query, I don't know what to expect.

If anyone has been a part of this, I would like to find out what those people think and what their recommendations are. Thanks.

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X