Amateur forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amateur forum

Ok, I think Mattingly said in a thread on another part of BBF that if anyone feels the need to have an amateur baseball forum, they should post a request here.

I am posting a request. Although I don't know how many people on here know much about amateur baseball, I think it would be a good thing to have so people can start "college pitcher" and other threads there and have them stay there instead of having it moved from Minor Leagues to coaching and fundamentals and so on.

So what do you great, wise Mods think?
    Yes
    83.33%
    No
    5.56%
    Add it into another forum
    5.56%
    College level only
    5.56%
    sigpic

Originally posted by giantsalltheway16
    Ok, I think Mattingly said in a thread on another part of BBF that if anyone feels the need to have an amateur baseball forum, they should post a request here.

I am posting a request. Although I don't know how many people on here know much about amateur baseball, I think it would be a good thing to have so people can start "college pitcher" and other threads there and have them stay there instead of having it moved from Minor Leagues to coaching and fundamentals and so on.

I don't know about great or wise, but I have supported this idea from the beginning.
    Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
    Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
    Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
    Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
    Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

I am not a mod, but I like the idea. I am a college baseball fan and I would love a place to discuss teams, tournaments and college players.
      I signed with the Milwaukee Braves for three-thousand dollars. That bothered my dad at the time because he didn't have that kind of dough. But he eventually scraped it up.~Bob Uecker

"While he had a total of forty home runs in his first two big-league seasons, it is unlikely that Aaron will break any records in this department." ~ Furman Bisher, Atlanta Journal and Constitution "journalist"

Comment

Originally posted by giantsalltheway16

Yeah, I do remember having posted this. I just wanted one of the regular forumers to post here, so that we could get a feel from how the forumers felt about this.

I'm very much interested in the creation of such a forum. If we get a few posts voicing support, I'll contact Sean, the webmaster to see what he thinks.

Let's hear it, folks!

Brad
        Originally posted by jpenrod
        I am not a mod, but I like the idea. I am a college baseball fan and I would love a place to discuss teams, tournaments and college players.
        Which college teams do you follow? About how many games a year do you attend, watch on TV, etc?

Do you also follow HS varsity games?
        Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
        Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
        THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
        Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

I also support this Idea.It would be nice to have somewhere to discuss the beanpot tournment coming up next year besides the red soxs thread(the beanpot is a college tournment of local New England Colleges i.e: Boston college,Havard......)

Comment

Originally posted by kckid2599
            I also support this Idea.It would be nice to have somewhere to discuss the beanpot tournment coming up next year besides the red soxs thread(the beanpot is a college tournment of local New England Colleges i.e: Boston college,Havard......)
            My aunt's alma mater, my mom's alma mater, my dad's alma mater, etc.

Comment

I also support having an amateur section. A great place to talk about college baseball, up and coming stars in highschool and college, talk about the draft, etc. It would be a great new addition.
              go sox.

Pigskin-Fever

Comment

Originally posted by Mattingly
                Yeah, I do remember having posted this. I just wanted one of the regular forumers to post here, so that we could get a feel from how the forumers felt about this.

I'm very much interested in the creation of such a forum. If we get a few posts voicing support, I'll contact Sean, the webmaster to see what he thinks.

Let's hear it, folks!

Brad

Which college teams do you follow? About how many games a year do you attend, watch on TV, etc?

Do you also follow HS varsity games?
                Primarily Georgia Tech since that is my alma mater, but as a result I also follow other ACC schools. It has been difficult for me to attend games for the last few years because I was living in Jacksoonville, but I made sure to go up to Georgia Southern every year when Tech came down. I would also catch at least one ACC game a week on the local sports channel down there. Now I am living up closer to D.C. so I am hoping to attend some Maryland games next season and make sure to trek down to blacksburg (and maybe charlottesville) when Tech comes to town. I did have the honor of attending most of the ACC tournament in Jacksonville last year and I am hoping to maybe make it to a game or two this weekend (if scheduling and time permits). Most of my information comes from online sources like local news websites, team sites and ACC sports site.
                I signed with the Milwaukee Braves for three-thousand dollars. That bothered my dad at the time because he didn't have that kind of dough. But he eventually scraped it up.~Bob Uecker

"While he had a total of forty home runs in his first two big-league seasons, it is unlikely that Aaron will break any records in this department." ~ Furman Bisher, Atlanta Journal and Constitution "journalist"

Comment

I would be all for this idea, as I usually go to more college games than MLB games (Kansas State) and have played with/against quite a few guys on D1 rosters. It's more fun to see how those guys are doing than, say, watch the Royals.

Comment

I made a thread concering this idea in Jan. The thread had positive feedback from two unnamed Mods. Best idea is just start a thread in any fourm and they will have no where to move it and if enough feedback from other posters happens then the chance of getting a fourm may be high.

Comment

Opinions on The Dirtbags(Long Beach St for the unfortunate non-Southern California inhabitants ) star 3B Evan Longoria

Comment

The Pac 10 " Conference of Champions" is by far heads and shoulders above any other conference in baseball. I could only wish my Pac 10 alma mater could only add to the stats

Comment

WHY is there no amateur baseball forum yet? Many of our members are teenagers, if not younger, and many of these teenagers play some form of baseball. I know we already have the Baseball 101 section, but wouldn't it be nice to have some place where you could talk about your experiences? Oh, and every August, the Little League WS comes around. This is, for me, often one of the highlights of my summer. I would love to have a place to discuss this with my fellow BBF members. If you think the LLWS is not exciting, think of this: A couple years back, two pitchers pitched a double no-hitter through nine innings -- one even did it with the flu! In the twelfth inning, the pitcer for the Kentucky team won it with a home run. In that same LLWS, there was one of the nicest fielding plays I have ever seen. Does anyone else share my love for amateur baseball?

Would it be OK if I started a poll on this topic, just so some mod can carry that back to the Mods Forum as evidence?

Comment

We need to get this thing going. I would love to be able to discuss the College Worldseries. I figure and amatuer forum would get as much use or more as the women's forum.

Comment

Yeah, I would be all over that forum in the next few weeks and for a while after that. Just curious, did anyone see the play on ESPNU yesterday by Fresno State's CF? He made an AMAZING catch but the umpires completely blew it and said he didn't catch it. I didn't get to see it because I don't have ESPNU, but I heard it on the radio. We was robbed.
                              sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X