College World Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College World Series

I'm suprised I haven't seen anything about this posted here. The tourney starts Friday, I can't wait for it to start, the NCAA tourney has been great so far and every team has a great chance to take home the national title in Omaha. I will stick with my pick at the beginning of the tournament, Rice.

The teams-

Clemson
    Georgia Tech
    Cal. St. Fullerton
    North Carolina
    Rice
    Georgia
    Oregon St.
    Miami

Actually I was posting some stuff in the Amatuer Baseball thread in Web Improvements. Currently there is not a good place to discuss Amatuer Baseball here at BBF so there has been some discussion about adding a forum or something. That being said, the tournament has been great thusfar with three national seeds already eliminated. I also noticed that the SEC has only one team left (they started with 8, tops in the tourney). I cannot wait toill this weekend and the CWS gets started, unfortunately my team (Georgia Tech) got a tough draw in Game 1 (Clemson).
    I signed with the Milwaukee Braves for three-thousand dollars. That bothered my dad at the time because he didn't have that kind of dough. But he eventually scraped it up.~Bob Uecker

"While he had a total of forty home runs in his first two big-league seasons, it is unlikely that Aaron will break any records in this department." ~ Furman Bisher, Atlanta Journal and Constitution "journalist"

Comment

Heck, I'm going for the team that knocked out my 'Dogs, Cal State Fullerton. They have 3 or 4 very good pitchers (one was named co-national player of the year by College Baseball News, I believe) and a lot of hot bats. But I think that Clemson will take it. They seemed to breeze through the regionals and super-regionals the easiest.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by giantsalltheway16
        Heck, I'm going for the team that knocked out my 'Dogs, Cal State Fullerton. They have 3 or 4 very good pitchers (one was named co-national player of the year by College Baseball News, I believe) and a lot of hot bats. But I think that Clemson will take it. They seemed to breeze through the regionals and super-regionals the easiest.
        Fullerton has 3 good starting pitchers, led by Wes Roemer (who went to my high school). They also have a good closer and the guy that was supposed to be their closer but got injured could be back for the CWS. I think they have enough pitching depth to take down the CWS. Most teams have 1 great starter but how many have 3?

Comment

Originally posted by giantsalltheway16
          Clemson is the #1 seed and deservedly so. They are definitely the team to beat and it would not surprise me to see them sweep to the championship (not saying they will). They have an abundance of talent and they have their focus in the right place.
          I signed with the Milwaukee Braves for three-thousand dollars. That bothered my dad at the time because he didn't have that kind of dough. But he eventually scraped it up.~Bob Uecker

"While he had a total of forty home runs in his first two big-league seasons, it is unlikely that Aaron will break any records in this department." ~ Furman Bisher, Atlanta Journal and Constitution "journalist"

Comment

Georgia Tech will have learned their lesson , they'll beat Clemson next time.
            46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

Originally posted by SamtheBravesFan
              Georgia Tech will have learned their lesson , they'll beat Clemson next time.
              Well I hope you are right, but sometimes it is not about learning a lesson. they are 3-3 against them this season, but Clemson is playing Good ball right now. All that being said GT is playing some good beesball themselves so Game 1 should be a lot of fun to watch, to bad I will be at work. the games are not being broadcast on XM are they?

Comment

Originally posted by jpenrod
                Well I hope you are right, but sometimes it is not about learning a lesson. they are 3-3 against them this season, but Clemson is playing Good ball right now. All that being said GT is playing some good beesball themselves so Game 1 should be a lot of fun to watch, to bad I will be at work. the games are not being broadcast on XM are they?
                Don't think so. But don't worry, I'll keep tabs on it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by SamtheBravesFan
                  Don't think so. But don't worry, I'll keep tabs on it for you.
                  Thanks Sam

By the way your sig line is brutal

SV: Chris Reitsma, 8 <- Mr. DL

Comment

Originally posted by jpenrod

By the way your sig line is brutal

He deserves it. ;P

Comment

So the odds makers have spoken and this is how the break it down:
                      C.S. Fullerton 3-1
                      Rice 16-5
                      Clemson 9-2
                      Tech 6-1
                      Oregon St. 7-1
                      UNC 9-1
                      Miami 13-1
                      UGA 14-1

Comment

Fullerton has the best pitching and I think that will carry it for them. I believe they led the NCAA in ERA this season and they have 3 great starters and a good closer. Tough to compete with that pitching depth when most teams only have 1 good starter.

Offensively, they are good but not great. They lack power but they have great speed and play small ball. They put extreme pressure on the defense and are always looking to take the extra base and force the defense to make plays. This keeps them from being prone to outages when they aren't hitting HR's.

Comment

Tech Jumps out to an early 3 run lead on Clemson in Game 1!

Comment

The ACC has half the teams, whereas the Pac 10 and SEC combined only have two. And what was this talk I heard about the Pac 10 and SEC being to dominant?

Comment

Well Tech blew a 4 run lead and will now have to face the tournament favorite C.S. Fullerton (who lost to UNC) to avoid elimination. Must be something in the water in Atlanta.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X