Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College World Series

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by jpenrod
    Well Tech blew a 4 run lead and will now have to face the tournament favorite C.S. Fullerton (who lost to UNC) to avoid elimination. Must be something in the water in Atlanta.
    Yeah. I was listening to the game on the radio while on a friend's boat, and I just happened to hear the go-ahead homer. Wasn't happy, that was for sure.
    46 wins to match last year's total

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by MapleSyrupMan
      The ACC has half the teams, whereas the Pac 10 and SEC combined only have two. And what was this talk I heard about the Pac 10 and SEC being to dominant?

      Historically the Pac 10 has dominated the CWS but this year is a majorly down year. The Pac 10 has won almost half of all the CWS that have been contested.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by jpenrod
        Well Tech blew a 4 run lead and will now have to face the tournament favorite C.S. Fullerton (who lost to UNC) to avoid elimination. Must be something in the water in Atlanta.
        GT gave up their chance to win that game when they removed the starter. He had a 2-hitter through 7 and then the bullpen was just awful. I think Clemson scored 7 runs before GT even got an out in the inning. Complete collapse.

        Comment


        • #19
          GO TAR HEELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

          I hope they can somehow beat Clemson today!
          1885 1886 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011

          1887 1888 1928 1930 1943 1968 1985 1987 2004 2013

          1996 2000 2001 2002 2005 2009 2012 2014 2015


          The Top 100 Pitchers In MLB History
          The Top 100 Position Players In MLB History

          Comment


          • #20
            Did anyone see UNC's nailbiter win? That 11th inning was AWFUL! I mean, you should never get picked off of third. A dropped third strike is rare, but two in an inning? Just sloppy play. And a throw HITTING the baserunner?

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by flash143817
              Historically the Pac 10 has dominated the CWS but this year is a majorly down year. The Pac 10 has won almost half of all the CWS that have been contested.
              I know, just over in the thread in Web Improvements, someone said that he was kind of upset at the Pac-10 being too dominant.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by MapleSyrupMan
                Did anyone see UNC's nailbiter win? That 11th inning was AWFUL! I mean, you should never get picked off of third. A dropped third strike is rare, but two in an inning? Just sloppy play. And a throw HITTING the baserunner?
                Fullerton gave away that game. They threatened in seemingly every late inning and just couldn't push a run across because they kept screwing up.


                They managed to rebound in their second game with a late rally though. I really thought that they were going to lose their second game because of that fan interference HR that gave Georgia Tech the 5-4 lead late in the game.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Well, both Georgia teams took a page from the Braves manual for post season success and bowed out early. The #1 seed and the CWS favorite play an elimination game today. The Pac-10 fights to keep their lone representitive alive tonight. It has been a surprising series so far.
                  I signed with the Milwaukee Braves for three-thousand dollars. That bothered my dad at the time because he didn't have that kind of dough. But he eventually scraped it up.~Bob Uecker


                  "While he had a total of forty home runs in his first two big-league seasons, it is unlikely that Aaron will break any records in this department." ~ Furman Bisher, Atlanta Journal and Constitution "journalist"

                  Comment

                  Ad Widget

                  Collapse
                  Working...
                  X