Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jpenrod
    replied
    Well, both Georgia teams took a page from the Braves manual for post season success and bowed out early. The #1 seed and the CWS favorite play an elimination game today. The Pac-10 fights to keep their lone representitive alive tonight. It has been a surprising series so far.

Leave a comment:

• flash143817
    replied
    Originally posted by MapleSyrupMan
    Did anyone see UNC's nailbiter win? That 11th inning was AWFUL! I mean, you should never get picked off of third. A dropped third strike is rare, but two in an inning? Just sloppy play. And a throw HITTING the baserunner?
    Fullerton gave away that game. They threatened in seemingly every late inning and just couldn't push a run across because they kept screwing up.

They managed to rebound in their second game with a late rally though. I really thought that they were going to lose their second game because of that fan interference HR that gave Georgia Tech the 5-4 lead late in the game.

Leave a comment:

• Erik Bedard
    replied
    Originally posted by flash143817
    Historically the Pac 10 has dominated the CWS but this year is a majorly down year. The Pac 10 has won almost half of all the CWS that have been contested.
    I know, just over in the thread in Web Improvements, someone said that he was kind of upset at the Pac-10 being too dominant.

Leave a comment:

• Erik Bedard
    replied
    Did anyone see UNC's nailbiter win? That 11th inning was AWFUL! I mean, you should never get picked off of third. A dropped third strike is rare, but two in an inning? Just sloppy play. And a throw HITTING the baserunner?

Leave a comment:

• Bothrops Atrox
    replied
    GO TAR HEELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope they can somehow beat Clemson today!

Leave a comment:

• flash143817
    replied
    Originally posted by jpenrod
    Well Tech blew a 4 run lead and will now have to face the tournament favorite C.S. Fullerton (who lost to UNC) to avoid elimination. Must be something in the water in Atlanta.
    GT gave up their chance to win that game when they removed the starter. He had a 2-hitter through 7 and then the bullpen was just awful. I think Clemson scored 7 runs before GT even got an out in the inning. Complete collapse.

Leave a comment:

• flash143817
    replied
    Originally posted by MapleSyrupMan
    The ACC has half the teams, whereas the Pac 10 and SEC combined only have two. And what was this talk I heard about the Pac 10 and SEC being to dominant?

Historically the Pac 10 has dominated the CWS but this year is a majorly down year. The Pac 10 has won almost half of all the CWS that have been contested.

Leave a comment:

• SamtheBravesFan
    replied
    Well Tech blew a 4 run lead and will now have to face the tournament favorite C.S. Fullerton (who lost to UNC) to avoid elimination. Must be something in the water in Atlanta.
    Yeah. I was listening to the game on the radio while on a friend's boat, and I just happened to hear the go-ahead homer. Wasn't happy, that was for sure.

Leave a comment:

• jpenrod
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Erik Bedard
    replied
    The ACC has half the teams, whereas the Pac 10 and SEC combined only have two. And what was this talk I heard about the Pac 10 and SEC being to dominant?

Leave a comment:

• jpenrod
    replied
    Tech Jumps out to an early 3 run lead on Clemson in Game 1!

Leave a comment:

• flash143817
    replied
    Fullerton has the best pitching and I think that will carry it for them. I believe they led the NCAA in ERA this season and they have 3 great starters and a good closer. Tough to compete with that pitching depth when most teams only have 1 good starter.

Offensively, they are good but not great. They lack power but they have great speed and play small ball. They put extreme pressure on the defense and are always looking to take the extra base and force the defense to make plays. This keeps them from being prone to outages when they aren't hitting HR's.

Leave a comment:

• jpenrod
    replied
    So the odds makers have spoken and this is how the break it down:
    C.S. Fullerton 3-1
    Rice 16-5
    Clemson 9-2
    Tech 6-1
    Oregon St. 7-1
    UNC 9-1
    Miami 13-1
    UGA 14-1

Leave a comment:

• SamtheBravesFan
    replied

By the way your sig line is brutal

He deserves it. ;P

Leave a comment:

• jpenrod
    replied
    Originally posted by SamtheBravesFan
    Don't think so. But don't worry, I'll keep tabs on it for you.
    Thanks Sam

By the way your sig line is brutal

SV: Chris Reitsma, 8 <- Mr. DL

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X