Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Hotels to stay w/in walking distance when visiting stadiums

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Best Hotels to stay w/in walking distance when visiting stadiums

    I HAVE VISITED MANY STADIUMS AROUND THE COUNTRY AND HAVE HAD SOME GOOD & BAD HOTEL EXPERIENCES WHEN STAYING IN THE CITIES.

    I PREFER TO STAY WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE OF THE STADIUMS, AT A REASONABLE PRICE.

    THE BEST I HAVE STAYED IN SO FAR.

    PITTSBURGH - THE HILTON - BY POINT STATE PARK
    CLEVELAND - RADISSON - DOWNTOWN CLEVELAND almost right next to
    stadium
    PHILADELPHIA - Holiday INN sTADIUM - SHARES A PARKING LOT



    THE WORST I HAVE STAYED IN.

    DETROIT - RAMADA INN ON BAGLEY STREET......SCARY!

  • #2
    Originally posted by bigworm_122
    I HAVE VISITED MANY STADIUMS AROUND THE COUNTRY AND HAVE HAD SOME GOOD & BAD HOTEL EXPERIENCES WHEN STAYING IN THE CITIES.

    I PREFER TO STAY WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE OF THE STADIUMS, AT A REASONABLE PRICE.

    THE BEST I HAVE STAYED IN SO FAR.

    PITTSBURGH - THE HILTON - BY POINT STATE PARK
    CLEVELAND - RADISSON - DOWNTOWN CLEVELAND almost right next to
    stadium
    PHILADELPHIA - Holiday INN sTADIUM - SHARES A PARKING LOT



    THE WORST I HAVE STAYED IN.

    DETROIT - RAMADA INN ON BAGLEY STREET......SCARY!
    THe Hilton at the Point is awesome. In Cincinnat, the Westin on Fountain Square is nice, and you just might run into some visiting players while you are there.
    I'm a Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech and a Hell of an Engineer!

    Comment


    • #3
      The Delta-Chelsea in Toronto. Its just off Younge Street and has a pool for kids on the second floor and one for adults only on the top floor with a great view.
      You can get to a ton of great places from there. The tube is just around the corner too.

      Comment


      • #4
        Inn at the Ballpark is catty-cornered from the Union Station entrance to the park in Houston, and they have some decent room deals. Plenty of restaurants and taverns within a 5-minute walk.

        We stayed at the Omni-William Penn in Pittsburgh, about a 25-minute hike to the park. We walked all around Pittsburgh that weekend, a really great downtown area.
        Never confuse character with geography --- Red Smith
        Astros Daily

        Comment


        • #5
          I like the Ritz on Public Square in downtown Cleveland. Rooms are about $250.00 a pop, but the amenities are pretty damn good.
          I'm a Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech and a Hell of an Engineer!

          Comment


          • #6
            If you're coming to Comerica Park, the best Idea would be to stay in Dearborn (many teams stay at the Hyatt or Ritz in Dearborn), and there are some pretty good deals to be had in the southern suburbs, and it's not a long ride to the park.
            "Straight ball I hit it very much, curveball, bats are afraid"

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by tmorss9
              If you're coming to Comerica Park, the best Idea would be to stay in Dearborn (many teams stay at the Hyatt or Ritz in Dearborn), and there are some pretty good deals to be had in the southern suburbs, and it's not a long ride to the park.
              Both hotels offer excellent dining options if money isn't really an object.
              Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
              Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
              Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
              Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
              Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

              Comment


              • #8
                Hey! How about the Angel Inn on State College Blvd just across the stadium in Anaheim?
                http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/ex...eline_1961.jpg

                Comment


                • #9
                  Mom and Dad's house. 'course it's not really walking distance, but it is within a bus and train ride of the Jake in Cleveland.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Dont Stay att the hyatt in baltimore. If you plan to stay in baltimore,Stay at the Ramada Inn Towson. Its only 20 minute drive from stadium at its cheap!! Check it out!

                    http://travel.hotels-and-discounts.c...OVMTC=standard

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I think the closest hotel to a stadium within walking distance is the Skydome.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by JPL BMX
                        I think the closest hotel to a stadium within walking distance is the Skydome.
                        Yeah you can watch the game from your hotel room.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Any near Red's GABP?

                          [email protected]

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by steveox
                            Yeah you can watch the game from your hotel room.
                            And sometimes other things happen
                            Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
                            Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              They finshed building a hotel right acroos the street from PNC Park last year. About 50 feet away
                              Pirates Fan Forever!!!!!

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X