No announcement yet.

Best Hotels to stay w/in walking distance when visiting stadiums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any good ideas re: PETCO? I'm doing a West Coast swing...got LA covered but...at a lost for the Padres games. Could use some local help
    Orioles: Once fine organization, being run into the ground by Peter Angelos.

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle
      Any good ideas re: PETCO? I'm doing a West Coast swing...got LA covered but...at a lost for the Padres games. Could use some local help
      i took a tour of petco park and when i was walking there i passed a marriot that is right next to the stadium

Comment

Great....thank you
        Orioles: Once fine organization, being run into the ground by Peter Angelos.

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle
          The Omni hotel. It's got a skywalk that connects to the 3rd base side of Petco Park. It's a bit pricey, but sometimes you can find deals there.

We stayed there and had a view of the San Diego Bay and the Coronado Bridge out our window. We had a California King sized bed and an awesome room. I'll difinately stay there again. If you haven't already gone, check into getting a room there.

Comment

i recently got back from chicago, from my first trip to the area

i stayed at the best western river north hotel.

it has free parking

it is a good centrally located hotel, in a good nightlife area, within close walking distance to the trains to both wrigley & us cellular.

Comment

Originally posted by steveox
              Dont Stay att the hyatt in baltimore. If you plan to stay in baltimore,Stay at the Ramada Inn Towson. Its only 20 minute drive from stadium at its cheap!! Check it out!

http://travel.hotels-and-discounts.c...OVMTC=standard
              I don't know what its like in 2006, but in 1998 I stayed at the Holiday Inn right near Camden Yards. It was 130 bucks a night and a block away from the stadium. You can kinda see the holiday in behind the stands when you look out at the skyline beyond left-center.

To put it in perspective, I stayed at a Holiday Inn in Brookline, MA (I think, I was at the end of the Green Line) the following year and paid exactly the same to be outside of the city.

Comment

Where to stay in Houston?

Does anyone have a suggestion for where to stay in Houston? I would prefer to stay where the Twins will be staying? Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Twins Fan
                  Does anyone have a suggestion for where to stay in Houston? I would prefer to stay where the Twins will be staying? Any ideas?
                  They've probably already played the series, I hope you got your answer.

But you can find out where your "visiting" team plays on the road by looking at their official team media guide. I think they're around $10 or so.

Maybe someone on a Twins bulletin board has one handy and could check it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Jabberwock
                    Mom and Dad's house. 'course it's not really walking distance, but it is within a bus and train ride of the Jake in Cleveland.
                    Are you inviting us to stay at your Parent's house while in Cleveland. If you are you better warn them.
                    Seriously, there are a lot of decent hotels within walking distance of Petco Park. If you have to stay away from downtown, take a trolley to the game. Parking is still a problem.

Welcome back ARod. Hope you are a Yankee forever.
                    Phil Rizzuto-a Yankee forever.

Holy Cow

Comment

Originally posted by Jabberwock
                      Mom and Dad's house. 'course it's not really walking distance, but it is within a bus and train ride of the Jake in Cleveland.
                      Are you inviting us to stay at your Parent's house while in Cleveland. If you are you better warn them.
                      Seriously, there are a lot of decent hotels within walking distance of Petco Park. If you have to stay away from downtown, take a trolley to the game. Parking is still a problem.

Welcome back ARod. Hope you are a Yankee forever.
                      Phil Rizzuto-a Yankee forever.

Holy Cow

Comment

Cincinnati

If you are going to Cincinnati and you wish to keep down expenses, stay across the river in Covington. The Holiday Inn is around $90 nightly and there are several other nice places. You can ride TANK across the Ohio for $1.00 each way and it will drop you off right in front of Great American Ball Park.

Comment

Originally posted by icee82
                          If you are going to Cincinnati and you wish to keep down expenses, stay across the river in Covington. The Holiday Inn is around $90 nightly and there are several other nice places. You can ride TANK across the Ohio for $1.00 each way and it will drop you off right in front of Great American Ball Park.
                          Sweet, I've always wanted to ride in a military vehicle
                          Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
                          Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

Comment

Originally posted by icee82
                            Is TANK anything like the Metro Duck they used to have in Chicago?
                            Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
                            Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
                            Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
                            Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
                            Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

being the 2006 season is coming to an end, it is now time to start planning for my 2007 road trip.

i am going to be going to san diego, los angeles, san fran, & oakland. i have been to san diego before, so i know where to stay. but i have never been to LA or San Fran. we are going to be flying into san diego, and driving to san fran, then leaving from there.

i was just wondering if there are any areas in LA or San Fran to avoid. and what is the best way to drive from LA to San Fran. (pacific coast highway, or i-5)

where would be a good place to stay in both cities, we will have 4 days in each city to sightsee as well, so we would like something that is around the sites, not just the stadiums.

Comment

Originally posted by bigworm_122
                                i am going to be going to san diego, los angeles, san fran, & oakland. i have been to san diego before, so i know where to stay. but i have never been to LA or San Fran. we are going to be flying into san diego, and driving to san fran, then leaving from there.
                                And I assume you're going to Anaheim too. I just did that trip this summer. Driving SD to SF is a LONG haul

<i was just wondering if there are any areas in LA or San Fran to avoid. and what is the best way to drive from LA to San Fran. (pacific coast highway, or i-5)>

I think the locals said the Pacific Coast highway was more scenic but I-5 was faster.

<where would be a good place to stay in both cities, we will have 4 days in each city to sightsee as well, so we would like something that is around the sites, not just the stadiums.>

I didn't stay near any sites (I did five cities in five days ) just an inexpensive hotel near SF with a community whirlpool
                                Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
                                Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X